First Person Friday: **drumroll please**

carla1505 First Person Friday: **drumroll please**

Announcing the AS OF YET UNNAMED PODCAST featuring MizFit & her Partner In Crizzime.

Who is this partner you ask? In order to find out you’ll just have to give it a listen.

• Bring us along on this weekend’s run.
  • Give us a listen on your mp3 as you wander the aisles this weekend grocery shopping.
  • Tote us in yer mp3 player to the gym for a listen while you lift.
  • Crouch in your office or cubicle, pretend to work, and embrace the awkwardness which is Miz & the lovely lilt which is her podcast co-host extraordinaire.

Why is the podcast as of yet unnamed? (thanks for asking!)

What on earth do we plan to cover? (you always know just what to query!)

Why have we chosen to inflict this upon you the innocent masses? (again with the perfect question. thank ye! thank ye!)

Please to give us a listen &  discover the answers to *all* the above questions…and more.

Comments

A marathon, how great! If I can do it, you can too, there’s no question about that! I think my second marathon may be a 2010 goal, along with a 4 hour target time.

This is really just stealing your idea, which I love, and modifying it a bit, but what about “Unapologetically Ourselves” as a name for the podcast?

WHAT!? Not until October! *Sigh* OK, I will wait in anticipation.

Thank you for introducing me to “Diet Girl” OMG, I so feel like I am reading about some of my struggles.

A Name for the podcast(taps finger on desk and thinking)…

“A Fit Life-style Approach”

“A Fit Diet”

“The Shauna & Carla Hour”

If another idea strikes…I will be back.

4. Bea says

What a great idea!

I’m sooooo excited to listen this weekend.

Is it easy to get on my ipod?

Will you put it up on itunes?

5. Evan says

May we listen later and return?
    I seriously think I’d get fired if I tried to listen now and then you’d have to call it the Evan Got Fired and This is His Show! podcast.

(Can you share DietGirl’s link here?)

That was awesome. Love that it just started up and played all the way through. No stalling while it loaded. Looking forward to hearing more in October. Great job ladies. No brilliant ideas for a name yet, but I’ll let you know if I think of something.

7. Ren Man says

Hijacking the computer to say I was finally allowed to listen to the entire podcast.

I can not believe you kept our child quiet through the entire recording process!

Loved it! ya’ll are a fabulous tag team. Hmmm I will have to think about the name. I’m thinking something along the lines of Laughter and Lunges Around the World

OMG!!!

What a combo. As a huge fan of both of you gals, this is awesome.

Gillian’s gonna be jealous and she’ll want to get back in the game… maybe you’ll let her join you when she begs to part of your podcast?

10. Andy says

I haven’t listened yet but was able to get on my ipod.

I think so anyway ;)

I’ll be back this weekend to add my two cents.

(Pence?)

11. Pat says

I am so pumped to listen to this on the treadmill tonight.

It will be like I’m working out with you both!!

Very, VERY nice! Great combo! I am very excited about both the podcast and the re-finding of your mojo!

And MizFitOnline gets more mentions in my household than Jillian, so you should know that in some houses, you ARE a household name!

Ben

13. Debra says

Great idea Miz! I love that you are always trying new ways to get your message out. Let me know if this becomes available on iTunes

14. Miz says

I’d thought it was necessary to have a few podcasts finished to get on itunes but a few of you have emailed me that there’s a simple wordpress plugin?

I need to check that out.

LOVE IT!!!

Now when I read the Amazing Adventures of DietGirl for the fifthbillionth time I’ll be able to picture a voice to it :)

About 30 seconds before I listened to this I finished my morning workout, which just happened to be the 30 day shred, hehe.

And yeah. You’re both household names already. I can’t think of two better bloggers to do a podcast!

I’m so very much looking forward to Valentines Day for both the marathon AND to hear this story of the MizFit Ren Man romance :D

16. Sarah says

Fantastic!
    I love how DG likened her doing the podcast alone to diet pudding ;)

How can we participate?

This is huge (in a totally good way)!!! What a great idea! With a nod toward the wee one, how about “Poddy Training”? Whatever name you use, it’ll be great. Looking forward to your new venture.

I totally loved listening to this! You guys are great. I heard a lot of great ideas and loved your stories.

I can’t wait to hear more. Seriously, we have to wait until Octobrer. That’s too long! I want more now. :)

19. Eve says

Would you do this weekly like Jillian?
    Or is the plan monthly?
    Miz are you really running a marathon?!

Can you name your podcast Pop A Comment! Love that phrase. Too unclear to really use it. But I love it.

A basic, boring podcast name: Fitness Blog News (FBN).

Yeah. I got nothing.

Love the combination of the 2 different approaches and 2 very different voices. Great complimentary mix.

Secret confession time: my dream is to open my own studio in a couple years. We need a key-turn studio in the Oakland/Berkeley area. I need to be able to work when my aging bod starts giving out.

Great idea guys :)
    I can’t think of a name…honestly, I’ve got nothign but tumbleweeds. BUT you’ve GOT to keep the Pop A Comment…I love that.

22. MizFit says

I know. how FUNNY is shauna, huh?

ooooh and Deb? theres a segment right there: True Blogger Confessions.

TBC’s

23. Hannah says

Keeping it Real with Shauna and Miz?

Shauna and Miz tell it like it is?

Did this take loads of time? I, too, vote for weekly.

Biweekly?

24. Keri says

What about what you always say Miz about living not blogging?

It could be Living Not Blogging podcast #1 etc.

Love the podcast! & holy cow, YOU are going to run a marathon? Woohoo! That means running posts from The Miz. Can’t wait.

Can’t wait for the official launch of the podcast/website in October. Here for you if you need fodder for the podcast or new website.

How very exciting!! I did not even know Jillian had a podcast. I don’t have a mp3 player so those of us that just have mini iPod shuffles & nothing else will need directions on how to get it and/or take it with us! :-)

Will be looking forward to this & your name!

I do have a couple accomplishments when that comes up. After a couple months or working at it, I can now do 4-5 clap push-ups! I am also now trying to do one full body wide chin up BUT I did get 3/4 of a reverse grip pull-up this week after only 3 weeks of working at it seriously!

Thx for the pre-podcast!

You and Shauna are getting the same comment, because I’m just not clever (ie. too lazy) to think up more to say than this:

Oh you sneaky minx-es…I’m sooo stoked, to of my favorite gals on one podcast? Now the world can end!

xo,
    -Bex

I missed the W I meant my TWO favorite gals! I’m sooo illiterate.

BTW, I’m loving the 18+ minutes of the Healthy Podpeople-ness.

29. Lesli says

How about just calling it Podcast for the People???

Jodi if you click on the green bar in the post the podcast plays!

30. Patty says

I’m not creative so I’m stealing/going with an idea someone else already left: Living Not Blogging.

I always love when you do those posts as it reminds me to get outside and step away from the computer!

Why not do a PODcast with POD? I am listening while commenting.
    I have Shauna’s book. It’s sitting here by my desk.

“A fountain of useless information.”
    Love that sentence.
    Yes, we all know Shauna and her husband from the book.
    She and I weighed the same at one time. Now she’s a runt.

***squeeeeeeeaaal!!!!*** (glass shattering)

My two favorite bloggers doing a podcast together!

(insert heavenly choir soundbite here)

I’m so excited!!! And I loved loved LOVED the inaugural one.

But do I have a name suggestion for you? Not yet!

And whoa…a marathon, Miz? Wow!

I, too, love BodyPump class. Our instructor is great, she notices the new folks and is always coaching us on proper technique.

What fun! I finally got to listen to it tonight – love you two together!!!

I haven’t read all the comments so don’t know if “DietFit” has been suggested – but whatever you name it, I’ll be here listening!

You guys rock!
    MizFit and Dietgirl were the first blogs I ever read, and also got me inspired to get into this whole thing myself.
    Sooo excited!

Carla, I could not find your email address…I’m not that tech savvy. Anyways, sorry for the delay in my response, but sure I would do a guest post for you. Shoot me an email and we can talk topics and timelines. Thanks. FD

36. MizFit says

alas we do have to wait as my partner in crime is on vaycay and then has the proverbial crapload of work after.

and THEN we can podcast again :)

I loved the podcast!!! This is such a wonderful idea! I’ve never been a regular podcast listener, mainly because I wasn’t quite sure what the whole thing was about -duh!

I like your platform – answering questions, highlighting accomplishments – so unique! Can’t wait for more!

I LOOOOVE this lo much! Can’t wait until its a regular thing…PLEASE make it a regular thing–every week, or every two weeks, or once a month, but just so we can look forward to it! How about sponsorship? Do you have that set up, or have you thought about offering that to us bloggers? “This ‘pop a comment’ session brought to you by _______.wordpress.com” Hopefully some of the big companies will get on board and sponsor you. See, my entrepreneurial gene is going overboard. I just want you to have success, Miz!

No name for you yet! I’ll keep thinking about it.

39. Karen Calla says

Looking forward to this. Do hope you can get it on iTunes as it’s my favorite way to get podcasts to my iPhone! This will be a treat!