Happy Birthday Tornado.

1256653458 full 212x300 Happy Birthday Tornado.

Before we met you Id hear this song play & know its words were intended for your ears.

I feel blessed to call you my daughter and honored to watch as you write the story of your life.

I am unwritten, can’t read my mind, I’m undefined
I’m just beginning, the pen’s in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We’ve been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can’t live that way

Staring at the blank page before you

No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

Comments

Happy Birthday to the Tornado and congratulations to you! Every birthday my children celebrate becomes more and more sweet as I think of all the precious memories and every minute of the life I’ve lived with them. Enjoy!

Karla

2. Bea says

“today is where your book begins…”

That line always gives me chills too.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HER!!

Seems we’ve been celebrating The Tornado’s birthday for weeks! What a lucky girl to have both that great cartoon, and a total MizFit for a mom. Have fun celebrating today.

4. MizFit says

I KNOW, Sue :)
    The Ren Man has suggested we dont do her party 2 weeks prior to the actual date next year…it’s just so hard with thanksgiving and all.

At least she hasnt been demanding daily gifts since then.

MUCH anyway :)

5. Tiffi says

Can we get a family caricature shot?

Of you three together?

Where did you have them done? I’d love to do that for my twins for their birthday too!

Gotta love their innocence. I feel they are God’s way of letting us grow up twice. The first time we didn’t pay attention, the second time we live for every moment.

Happy Birthday miss Tornado. Love the cartoon.:o)

LOL! Love-love-love the image of your daughter!! One of the most influential people in my life has her birthday today!!

Happy birthday to a chip off the Miz!!

That is the cutest cartoon avatar ever! I love the Tornado:) Happy Birthday to her and happy mama day to you. Give her my best princess wishes!

My son’s birthday was the day after Thanksgiving…big 10. I had to pre-call his friends to see who would be in town before passing out invitations. Sometimes his b-day lands right on Thanksgiving! He’s just another reason to be SO thankful!

Happy Birthday, Tornado!

Thanks for sharing the song, Miz.

Happy Birthday to the Tornado!! How lucky you both are to have each other. Sending you all best wishes for many more years filled with happiness and health.

Great song – it’s on my playlist too.

What a touching birthday tribute. So much better than a pony. :)

And, isn’t she lucky to have a birthday AND Hanukkah so close together. Extra presents. Bonus!

12. Miz says

THANKS SO MUCH for all your thoughts.

This morning we played and I now await her choice for the afternoon.

Have no clue what she will pick (the world is her oyster from painting pottery to build a bear)…

I laugh that in all the excitement and forever celebrating we got her nary a gift.

although that may not really be an accident :) but a subconscious thing.
    Im more about the experiential stuff and, as anyone whos ever crossed the threshold of those places knows, neither pottery not Build A Bear is cheap :)

maybe she’ll select playdough playing?

Happy birthday Tornado!

And love love that her caricature was in a pink princess dress. Anything else would not have been right!

I vote for the playdough playing–my most favorite childhood fun!

Hi, there. I’m a first time visitor to your blog and am blown away by the variety of it. It comes across as fit as you are, for it felt as if I was speeding along reading all your entries. What a great site. Congratulations on being so fit. Did you have a weight problem before, or have you always been fortunate to be this fit?

Bittersweet, is it not?

Enjoy the day (please please don’t make her cake)!

My kids usually want a trip or an experience for their birthdays. The gifts are just excuses for paper and ribbons!

16. cammi99 says

It goes by so shockingly quick. My baby turned 22 a few weeks ago and it seems so recent that he was Tornado size. Love, enjoy, remember every minute of it.

It may be her birthday (and many, many happy returns of the day!) though you (and Renman?) have done most of the work. I could not understand why the kids always got so many presents in those early years when they had the *gift* of us as their parents (and we gave them the gift of life). ;-)
    (Isn’t it the teen years when they start screaming, “I didn’t ask to be born!!!”)

Maybe my perspective is twisted because I had twins but I still wanted recognition for being the parent. It wasn’t until I got much older (I was a young mom) and recognized myself that I got that much desired attention.

Happy birthday, Miz & family.