Happy New Year from a misfit MizFit who, as we chatted about this time last year, believes NOT in resolutions.
For me today is simply FRIDAY.
It may be one where we START working out hard heavy and focused again (seriously. clicketh the link. Ill wait. all my beliefs are jampacked up in therre.)—but in my never ever humble opinion we can make this START (oooh she links again!) any day.
It need not be the first day of a new year.
(leaps down off soapbox)
OK, if you ‘clicked’ you know what *I* think.
Please to enjoy what The Warner thinks are the proverbial keys to workout success.
1. Keep a Food Journal. You will learn why you eat the way you do and how to spot eating patterns. Place a smiley face next to each good clean eating day. (MizFit note: Doing this makes me crazy. Doing this works for so, so many. Into which camp do you fall?)
2. Make an appointment. Be accountable to a trainer or a class. Knowing others are counting on you will give you extra motivation and help keep you on track.
3. Pay in advance. No one wants to throw money away…especially in this economy. Knowing that you’ve paid for it will ensure you follow through.
4. Be patient. Don’t expect miracles overnight. Focus on being healthy and feeling good rather than how much weight you’ve lost. Most people don’t see results for 6-8 weeks. (MizFit note: yesyesyes! I once had a client call me lamenting the fact she’d seen no changes yet…after TWO SESSIONS. Patience, grasshopper, patience.)
5. Make workouts fun. Incorporate something you’ve always wanted to do like learn how to box or dance. If you love it, you’ll do it. (MizFit note: PLAYouts, People. Lose the work notion.)
6. Create a training log. Write down your workout before you go to the gym. On days you feel sore, write a smiley face next to that workout so you know what you should be doing again. (MizFit note: I dont do this enough. Right now, for me, too much logging puts the WORK back in my OUTS. Are you a logger? Please to enlighten me in the comments.)
OK hungover SKIMMERS heres where you SNAP! back to attention.
The announcement you’ve all been waiting for (if by YOU you mean Ive—-which I do):
This (fingerquote) course (unFQ) is the pilot program for a longer teleseminar and, as a result, we’ve decided to limit the group to ten people.
Here are the deets:
- The course is four weeks long (I told ya it was the quick & dirrty!), starts on January the 19th for four consecutive Tuesday nights from 8pm EST to 915pm EST
- The cost is 40.00 total (yes we realize it is worth far more. yes we realize we shall never get rich on 40.00 per person. yes we are about a lot more than the money.)
- The course will cover all facets of jump starting your healthy living in 2010 (if by ALL you mean all we can cover in four weeks) & will afford each participant ample opportunity to ask questions of each of us (hence the small size).
- If you want to participate please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and the first ten emailers will be sent more information on how to proceed.
So there you go.
Questions on the mini-course? Love or loathe the idea? Hit me up in the comments.
Thoughts on The Warner’s tips for workout success? Hit us all up in the comments.
Ready to get on the phone with Dinneen & me? Please to send us an email.