MizFit & The Ellen Show.

Subtitle: Because we cant let MARTHA have all the fun.

ellen 212x300 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

Ok, People.

If youve been reading MizFit for more than a week or so youve already discovered that I like for my life to be filled with levity.

Yet I longed for more.

I salivated for some silliness.

STAT.

As a result Ive launched (mainly on Twitter) the crusade below.

Will it serve to get me on her show?

Only time will tell.

Most importantly, however, Im enjoying the PROCESS.

(oooh is she linking this all back to fitness? can she pull this one off??)

Sure the end destination (be it weight loss, marathon completion, or career goal) is important, but it’s equally important, in my strong opinion, to enjoy at least *some* facet of the journey to get there.

Now, without further rambling adieu, I share with you Ellen, my house guest.

2010 01 16 055944 1 300x225 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

2010 01 16 104745 austin texas us 248x300 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

Since she was a *celebrity* house-guest she got to use the best blanket in the domicile.

2010 01 17 053923 212x300 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

2010 01 17 133157 austin texas us 231x300 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

2010 01 18 073217 austin texas us 216x300 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

The next morning we decided to just stay home and drink MizFitMade java.

I was happy to see Ellen was an early riser just like I am!

2010 01 19 051700 209x300 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

And yes.

I know youre wondering if I dragged The Ellen into my wacky ways & compelled her to eat healthy while she was visiting.

The answer? Below.

2010 01 20 052139 austin texas us 300x276 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

I was secretly thrilled that, since Ellen was in town, I had an excuse to skip a day of running outside for some indoor treadmill work.

I dont think she was as excited.

yzhc 300x224 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

The rest of our day was spent shopping, getting mani/pedis and just hanging out.

Morning came quickly & it was time to get up again and prepare my visitor some breakfast which I must say she ADORED.

At least I she said she did.

cmkq 300x224 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

Then it was back to the gym, again, since it’s peak training season up in herre.

1264520970 full 212x300 MizFit & The Ellen Show.

(We cant forget the obligatory BLOOPER REEL either.  That’s what I get for grabbing a total stranger and asking her to film me. Duly noted. Need an assistant. Any takers?)

And that, oh faithful readers, is what Ellen & I have done together thus far.

Have any thoughts on how I might best entertain my houseguest?

Wanna link this post on your blog?

Have the tiniest of contacts at The Ellen Show you wanna send my way?

Please to hit us all up in the comments.

Comments

1. Miz says

Alas, we weren’t together to celebrate her birthday, 266.

Much to both our chagrin Im sure as my flaxseed birthday cake is nothing short of perfection.

I absolutely love this!! I’m sharing this on my blog and on twitter!! LOL. Where is the petition. MizFit on Ellen!!

3. Laurie says

I saw that Martha show and was pissed she didn’t invite all of us bloggers too.

This is so fun & creative Miz.

How can I help spread the word?

(I’ve closed my blog)

Hey Miz (and Ellen!),
    I’m there if you two are doing coffee together!!

How about Miz and Ellen at the playground?
    Miz and Ellen arm wrestling?
    Miz and Ellen in the car?
    Miz and Ellen camping?
    Miz and Ellen listening to music?
    Miz and Ellen resting?

Woohoo!!! This is way, way fun!!!

Um, YES! Ellen needs an entire studio full of healthy-living bloggers! Let me just grab my American Express Card, and my CoverGirl makeup and I’ll be on my way!

LOL! Wow! Ellen has a rather hectic schedule already with her show and having to wait on Simon to show up for American Idol shoots. Glad to see she can relax at your house!

This is great!

hahah I LOVE Ellen! I hope this gets you on the show, she would get 1000000 extra viewers that day showing MizFit some lurve!

8. Debra says

I commented on FB but came over to officially say this is a great plan and I am sure it will work and I LOVE Ellen. Can’t wait to see you dancing on her stage.

Very Funny. I have my thinking cap on for ideas to get you there, however, if you promise Ellen that I’ll come along, I bet she readily agrees to an appearance.

Love this!! Not just for the fun factor, but because you’re going after something you totally believe in and want to achieve. But mainly (like you said) to enjoy the process.

MizFit on Ellen? I am SO THERE. Oh, and if you need an assistant to help you when you ARE on her show, I’m always available :-)

I hope it works!! I can’t imagine her passing up this opportunity!

My friend graduated H.S. with her, so him and his wife got to be on the show. Said it was fun :)

Serious idea here….we take all the footage from the different Ellen episodes and we creatively edit it to make it look like you are interviewing her. This video would easily become viral and we create the tweet storm of the century passing it around. That would create some attention that can’t be ignored :)

13. Kimmie says

LOL, this was a great post to wake up and read!! What a fun start to the morning, and what a super-silly-fun creative way to play pretend as adults! I love it! (ps-WHEN you go on Ellen, I’m definitely watching it!!)

14. Laurie says

I have ZERO time for tv – and I would TOTALLY WATCH YOU!!! Ellen (Or Oprah!) need to get you on pronto. You are fun, funny and inspiring (you inspire me more than you would ever really know!!!!)

ELLEN GET HER ON YOUR SHOW!!!

I love this! You are awesome and Ellen is really lucky to be hanging out with you ;)
    If she were here with me I would take here fishing and sorting cattle! Maybe a horse ride or motorcycle ride as well.
    If you have access to any of those that would be cool. You live in Texas!

16. Laurie says

Oh – and how creative! – I’m laughing out loud here at work… my co-workers might be starting to think I’m a lunatic ;)

Wow – it looks like y’all had a fabulous time together – I’m sure she will absolutely want to have you on her show!

(And look at POD, trying to worm her way in….. :))

Only you could out-Ellen Ellen. I think it’s ingenious! Let us know when you’ll be on!!! Can I be a part of your entourage?

OK, I have a teeny tiny confession. I don’t watch Ellen very often, but would probably become a faithful viewer if Miz were on ;) linking, posting, tweeting I’m on it. Good luck!

20. Nikki says

ah ha ha ha…funny!
    Thanks for setting my day up with a laugh even before my first sip of coffee!!
    So much of life is tooo serious!

Have a great day

21. Nikki says

p.s. I just noticed the time my comment went through and I’m 2 hours behind you! 7:19AM here!!

#1 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

#2 I did not realize what the getmizonellen project encompassed. You have an Ellen Degeneres paper doll. This makes it so much better. So much more salient.

#3 I will use my lesbian super powers to get you on that show ;-)

23. Becky says

For some reason the photo of her on the treadmill cracks me the hell up, Miz.

Even if this doesn’t get you on the show I, too, enjoyed the entire process of it.

Thank you for the early morning laughs.

(am I the only west coaster here??)

I’ve been loving these over twitter. If I learned anything in pseudo corporate America, it is to MAKE YOUR INTENTIONS CLEAR. And that, my dear, you are doing in spades. These days I’ve been so – bleh – I wish I had your passion for anything! I’m hoping you’ve emailed and linked this post to whatever the external correspondence is for the Ellen show. :) It’s a shot in the dark, but you might impress someone!

GOOD LUCK! I will definitely link you to my small gaggle of blog followers.

I love watching Ellen on the MizFit Show! Thanks for having her! Who knew the tornado would become your “Gelman”! And who knew Ellen was so well endowed!

Ellen may enjoy meeting people around town while she works out, now that she’s got the routine down!

26. Marcie says

WoW! Ellen is really getting shown how the MzFit lives.

Does “cold” have the same meaning to Ellen as it does for those of you living in Austin?

Brilliant. LOVE IT!

I need Ellen while walking on the dreadmill. It’s not easy to make a girl laugh while sweating it out walking place but the Ellen show always gets me.

I sincerely hope you make it on the show. Don’t forget to say hi to your fans out in Bloggerville when you make it there! :)

28. dana says

Man — Ellen must be BEAT. I know I am just reading. LOVE the traveling with Ellen….keep it going….

I would LOVE to see you on Ellen! How cool would that be?!

*wonders how long it would take to make some strategic friends at Warner Brothers . . . *

lol Utterly fantastic. What what that gizmo called that you couldn’t get rewound? Maybe Ellen should have a go at it. :) Thank you for a much needed laugh.

31. sassy stephanie says

You are cracking me up.

Take her out for some Texas BBQ!

Lovin’ the matching do’ rags!

32. Shelley says

I think this might be my favorite thing you’ve ever done. She’s totally going to have you on – get your dance moves ready!!

Hey — no such luck you are on your own with that one!!! I get to sunbathe – you get the kids! lol. Actually its freezing cold and grey – but I can dream can’t I. BTW – whats with that making me scroll down half the world to get to the bottom where it says ‘comments’ – my mouse nearly went on strike!

BR

Such a fun read! I am ready and waiting to set my PVR for your appearance on the Ellen show! I don’t want many talk shows, but I do enjoy Ellen. :)

Oh man that’s great! I hope this works! Keep us updated, and let us know the SECOND you hear from Ellen! ^_^ Where does Ellen film her show? (Cause if it’s NYC, I’ll make sure to be in the audience wearing one of your shirts!)

You are as funny as Ellen and she would be lucky to have you on her show (true story: I originally wrote “on her shoe.”) Maybe she will have a cut out of you running in her shoe?

What an awesome idea! I hope you email this link to one of her producers. Google the producer’s name…I’m sure they are online somewhere! Good Luck!

She needs to have you on her show! :)

Pretty cool idea. OK, one thing, though… You might get more cred if you give her cartoon character a 6 pack, too. I’m just sayin’. LOL ;)

OMG I read this the other day and DIED laughing! You are too much.

I am totally down for the campaign of Miz on Ellen!

Keep it up!

-Feral

40. Sam says

Ellen would be lucky to have you! How about a double date – Miz and Ren Man and Ellen and Portia.

Am applying to be your assistant. Hope virtual assistant works for you. :) I’ve retweeted and will probably do so again soon.

LOL….love, love, love the post. It’s hard to walk the fine line of Stalker and Staunch Fan, but you’ve accomplished it…the adoring, witty, well marketed Fan that is ;)

Look for an email from me…I have an idea.

That’s a very good post! I have learnt so much from this post! And I will tell my friends this website. Thanx for your sharing.

1. […] MizFit & The Ellen Show. By MizFit | January 27, 2010 Ok, People. If you’ve been reading for more than a week or so you’ve already discovered that, if nothing else, I like for my life to be filled with levity. I adored our Blogger Virtual Talent Show for that very reason (keep yer eyes peeled. more is coming!). Yet I longed for more. I salivated for some silliness. STAT. As a result I’ve launched (mainly on Twitter) the crusade below. A blatant ripoff spoof of the creative tatics Ellen employed to get on the cover of O Magazine. Will it serve to get me on her show? Will I ever dance my way across her stage whilst simultaneously getting my PLAYout on doing lunges?   Only time will tell. Most importantly, however, Im enjoying the PROCESS (oooh is she linking this all back to fitness? can she pull this one off??). Sure the end destination (be it weight loss, marathon completion, or career goals etc.) is important, but it’s equally important, in my strong opinion, to enjoy at least *some* facet of the journey to get there. Now, without further rambling adieu, I share with you Ellen, my house guest. First I invited her to breakfast. Ellen adored my protein pancakes. I mean really though–whats not to love? Then we worked out. I was kind enough to lend her my skates & I used the Tornado’s pink Barbie ones. Since she was my house-guest and all she got to use the best blanket in the domicile. The first morning we went out to Starbucks for coffee.  Who knew Ellen liked iced coffee on a cold morning just as I do! After coffee it was time for a run.  Even though I love having visitors I can not deviate from my running routine. The next morning we decided to just stay home and drink MizFitMade java. I was happy to see Ellen was an early riser just like I am! And yes. I know youre wondering if I dragged The Ellen into my whacky ways & compelled her to eat healthy while she was visiting. The answer? Below.  Ellen didnt love the goo’ness of the Chia, but after I gave her some tips she seemed to think she and Portia might actually use it! I was thrilled that since Ellen was in town I had an excuse to skip a day of running outside for some indoor treadmill work.  I don’t think she was as excited. The rest of our day was spent shopping & getting mani/pedis and just hanging out together. Until it was time to get up again and prepare my visitor some breakfast which I must say she ADORED. At least I she said she did. (Of course there’s the obligatory BLOOPER REEL (That’s what I get for grabbing a total stranger and asking her to film me. Duly noted. Need an assistant. Any takers?)) And that, oh faithful readers, is what Ellen & I have done together thus far. (and YES. I do still have some tricks up my lackofsleeve which shall be coming your way soon. *cough* MizFit dancing *cough*) Have any thoughts on how I might best entertain my house guest? Wanna link this post on your blog? Entirely cut & paste & steal it in hopes someone at the show might take a glance? Have the tiniest of contact at The Ellen Show you wanna send my way? Please to hit us all up in the comments on MizFit’s page. […]