People, whether we wanna admit it or not, we fitness-types are a fickle fickle bunch.
Some of our ficklenessment (technical term) is in the name of cross-training/muscle confusion & some is simply in the name of seeking the next!great!fitness!gadget!
I’m as guilty as any of us and have found, all too frequently, that the next great thing is, well, JYZE‘y.
Promises the world & is ultimately a disappointment.
As a result today is official Dance with the one who brung ya day at MizFit.
A shout-out of love to a piece of equipment Ive used for years & whose simplicity still fills all my MizFit needs.
Sound too good to be true?
Please to enjoy my Ode to the Equalizer:
Now, as I look back on how freakin young I once was reflect back upon years of usage, what do I most like about my Equalizer?
- Size While resistance bands are indeed smaller they do not offer the exercise options of my Equalizer. I love the fact I can tuck it under a bed/in a corner unlike traditional free weights.
- Body weight. Body weight. Body weight. You train using your OWN BODY WEIGHT (can you tell Im a fan of this concept?).
- One piece of equipment. Myriad options. As I lovingly yammered above I use this for everything from resistance training to cardio to stretching. (Im also very, very proud I do not use it as a drying rack for my fine washables.)
- The Tornado can join in. Right or wrong she & I are a duo and this duality often extends into my workout time. Unlike with dumbbells she can ‘take a turn’ between my sets and, although I watch her like the proverbial hawk, it’s fun for her and safe.
- The brand. As Ive said so many times here before I will only endorse companies who love us (the royal us. the consumer us) back. Lebert does.
- Portability. Back when I was a personal trainer in people’s homes I would have adored this option for training clients.
What do I not love about my Equalizer?
- I wish it were pink. I in no way need a new one—yet I covet the pink. Im fully aware this indicates Ive been spending far too much time with the princess-addicted four year old crowd.
- That I dont yet own the buddy system. I think Ren Man and I would adore it. Whether he wants to admit it or not, we’re workout buddies for life (cue sentimental movie-like montage).
Thanks for pointing that out.
I *am* reaching when it comes to the dislikes column.
Quite frankly the product is well priced, virtually indestructible, & pretty easy to figure out given the chart included with purchase.
Quite frankly the product is so much part of my go-to repertoire when it comes to PLAYouts these days I contacted the owner of the company and begged for a giveaway wanted to take the time to bestow upon it this:
In addition, the people at Lebert Equalizer were GENEROUS enough to give me one of the coveted pink equalizers to bestow upon you.
You may be entered to win for the lowlow cost of a comment below.
Whats YOUR weakest fitness area (Hello, my CORE!) & how would the equalizer help you change that negative into a supastrongPOSITIVE?
Winner announced 10.1.10