Im one of Austin’s Fittest Mamas!

Well, oh Patient People, it’s time for the big announcement.

Id say I *way* oversold it in this post—-but, for me, I did not.

We all have differing zones of comfort and this was waaaaay out of mine.

When I found out I’d been selected as one of Austin’s 10 Fittest Moms I received a very nice email filled with lovely, complementary prose.

All this misfit saw, however, were the words you need to select a time for your photo-shoot.

Yep.

I can run in dresses, get up on stage (wearing nothing but a posing suit) & prance around for 90 seconds, but the mere mention of a photo-shoot made me immediately think hell no!!

Which, as I shared here, made me immediately realize I was *compelled* to say hell yes.

carla smallish Im one of Austins Fittest Mamas!

Comments

1. Neighbor Linda says

I hadn’t seen this yet, Carla!

You need to let people know they can CLICK and the image gets bigger so they can read it :)

xo

I love how you say in your article that fitness and LIFE for you is about no longer fitting into anyone’s definition but your own.

That is my very definition of living healthy and I am trying to get there.

Congratulations, Princess!!!! (Always Princess to me: Our first meeting);-) They could NOT have chosen a BETTER MOM: DYNAMIC DUO!!! You KNOW I ALWAYS SMILE when I see YOU and MINI YOU in a photo together!! This one TAKES THE CAKE!!!!!! YOU 2 are POWERFULLY GORGEOUS!!!!
    Loving you BOTH (and Prince Charming too) from a Distance..
    Dr. Mo

4. Tia says

Thank you for the consistent message that we do not need to be gym rats :) to be fit.

I haven’t gotten to the gym since my twins (they are 5).

I need to rediscover my fit.

What a fantastic photo! I can’t even describe why I love it so – the smiles, the love, the muscles, the pink sneakers. You two rock.

I’m so glad you said yes! Emma is awesome! Can’t wait to start stepping out of MY comfort zone more and more. It’s a necessary evil that’s way more necessary than it is evil. I just have to keep telling myself that :) Thanks for being a great example of it!

7. Meredith says

I don’t know if you remember meeting me at the park, Carla.
    I wanted to say congratulations.

OMG, I LOVE THAT PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not get the article to come up so I will try later after some sleep. :-)

Carla, so well deserved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So cool and so deserved!

And now, I’m going to be a little shallow. Because pink is my favorite color and I am all about the shoes (just call me Imelda)… I need to know all the details on those pink shoes!!! ASAP!

10. Miz says

the shoes are Vibram Five Fingers Speeds ;)
    And you can read the article if you click on the image…

Wowza! If ever there was a picture that epitomizes you, that is it! Whose idea was it, yours or the photo shoot people? Thanks for sharing it with us.

12. Melanie says

Your blog was down forever!!

AWESOME article.

I love what you say about exercise and fitting it into our mom-lives.

Congrats! This is kinda coincidental too because I was just named one of Michigan’s least fit Dads. I also got a photo (and finger printing)…

Aieee! I’m so so excited for you! And no matter what you say I love that pick of you and the Tornado. Is the voting open to Austin residents only or can we all help elect you?! You win the FitMom tiara in my book every day!!

15. Lori says

Congratulations, you definitely deserve it! Love the picture too!!
    I haven’t seen the magazine out yet but will really be keeping my eyes open for it!

Ha – as if we needed a magazine to tell us that you’re one of Austin’s fittest moms! :) You’ve got to be one of the healthiest people (mind AND body, which is the REAL feat) that I *know* (knowing via the blogosphere counts, right? ;)).

Congratulations.

WOW!! You’r one of the fittest mommies in one of the fittest cities in America!! All I can say is, “WAY TO ROCK IT!!” You’re my idol!! :)

18. Tricia says

That’s absolutely awesome, Carla! Congratulations! I love that you included the Tornado in the photo with you! Perfect!

19. Melanie says

I love what Naomi said, Carla!!

You are fit among fit and a ROLE MODEL AMONG ROLE MODELS.

Congrats.

Congrats Miz on this cool honor! I bet you were both smiling wide as can be when you saw the article in print. How cool is this!

21. Drazil says

Um I’m not sure who is cuter – you or your daughter. And I read your yahoo article today – you just rock. Anyone who tells me to work out less is A-OK in my book. LOL. I love me some interval training…I gotta get back to that.

Found a coffee house with free wifi and had to come see what you alluded to in your Friday comment – WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! What an awesome and richly-deserved prize!!! Congratulations! LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture – it says so much! :)

Woohoo!! Late to the ride here, but I just wanted to say this is AWESOME, well-deserved and a testament to the great person and Mom you are Carla! This photo/story is such a great keepsake too :)