Preview of coming MizFit’tractions

Caricature 202x300 Preview of coming MizFit’tractions

Welcome to 2011.

I wanted to take a moment and welcome both of my all of my many new readers.

Whether you found me by googling What fitness blogger will Ellen never have on her show? or stumbled here via a search for broken bootywelcome.

I’m into myriad things, hang out at a few places, I’ve shed some pounds, but more than anything focus on being as present as I can & living my life as…misfit’y  & unapologetically myself as possible.

Onward.

Id pretend Im here to proffer a complete & comprehensive guide to whats coming in 2011—but Im not.

Please to enjoy what’s on the forefront of my mind on this Wednesday as all the various & sundry stuff to come in 2011 could fill a book.

or Im merely saying that to employ the Law of Attraction.

You shall have to stick around for the proverbial long haul to find out.

Coming soon.  By MizFit.

Im partnering with Attune Foods for some exciting stuff. We’ve previously established I love me some Attune brand.  They value us as bloggers/consumers.  They take the time to get to know us. They sponsor our events.  They produce foods Im not hesitant to either give to the Tornado or recommend to friends.

Im throwing a Twitter party on January 13 at 7pm central! Details to come (including how the party sponsor’s product, Arctic Ease, helped heal my injured booty). The soiree shall include other bloggers, prizes, & I PROMISE to lay it all out for you non-Tweeters how to participate.

I’m interviewing Giuliana Rancic. Yes I liked her just fine on E! News. YES fell completely in love with her snarky, funny self on Giuliana & Bill.  She’s segueing into fitness (she’s a hardcore runner–who knew?) & I’m eager to talk about that & more (yes. you may assume this interview will not be unbiased. I like me some Giuliana. Dizclaimer. Dizclaimer. Dizclaimer.)

Im beyond excited to promote a friend’s new! endeavor! The concept rhymes with schmunning schmourse & I cant wait to do all I can to support her.  You know, all I can EXCEPT commit to more, uh, schmunning.

And that’s it here.

For now anyway.

And you?

Whatcha got cookin’ (foreshadowing! foreshadowing!) for 2011?

Please to hit us all up in the comments.  We promise not to nag you about achieving it.

Too much anyway.

Comments

Twitter parties are fun. I’ve mostly taken part in novel writing and book release ones but I’ll look for yours. And if you’re interested in knowing: I followed this blog after listening to the awesome podcast you co-host. I always look forward to each episode when it shows up on Itunes.

This year I’m hoping to get back to full-time work, follow Rachel Cosgrove’s weight’s program and bring my muscles out of hiding and get my focus back on being healthy after the wedding-madness-honeymoon-laziness of this year.

Also, focusing more on being social and not being a hermit.

And being excited about all your Mizfittractions!!!

3. Hannah says

I think I need to lean to join Twitter :)
    I looked through the Arctic Ease site and it looks great for after my long runs.

I’m so happy for your New Year, Miz.

Lots going on here!

I’m not sure what all I’ll get up to this year. I’ve got my eyes and heart wide open for opportunities, which almost always ensures that something fun will come my way. :)

This post is SO full of exciting things! My favorite line being: “Or I’m merely saying that to employ the Law of Attraction.”

I’m doing exciting things this year too. Like having dinner with you at Blissdom.

6. Bea says

Wow Miz you have so much happening and all such cool stuff!!
    (You wont start running again? Is that forever?)

Tell Giuliana I said hello and I love her as well.

I’m not biased either LOL

I’ve got a few things up my sleeve … some racing, some relaxing and a bikini – gasp!

Looking forward to cheering you and all your FABULOUSNESS on in 2011.

Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

Some exciting stuff there! Love Attune bars in an almost unhealthy way.

Me? Nothing as exciting as you. Zip lines, Blue Man Group (in Austin!!), Wicked (in San Antonio), training for a half marathon, working on strength training, losing weight, canoeing and camping. We’ll see what else pops up along the way. :)

This sounds like fun! Now that you’ve given us this little teaser I can’t wait to hear more about them all :)

For me… well, we’ll see. I have some ideas. Most of it is fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants, though. Whee!

LOVE IT – I’ve decided this is MY YEAR to take small steps to big big changes in all areas of my life from fitness to family.

This is what I love about you Carla.. it is all aspects of life! Looking forward to it all from you & more about that healing the bod too!

Me – not sure.. get on Ellen with you, get on Oprah, convince What Not to Wear that I desperately need their help, get in a fitness mag…. all these would be nice but my biggest thing right now it to get the furnaces back on track after being hard hot with this economy.

Awesome. I will be starting a big secret project soon and it may be years before I really talk about it outside of my house. That’s some serious foreshadowing, like “in 5 years I will reveal the secret.” ;)

Also, my 10 year old is getting braces next week and I will now spend the next 2 years paying for them. Literally.

I have got to learn to use Twitter. I read, but I kind of suck at the joining in.

My main coming attractions for 2011 are finish losing weight and hit goal, go back to school, take a trip to Europe.

In 2011: I HAVE (oooh yes law of attraction trickery) dug deep, gotten courageous, and finally released the memoir I’ve been sitting on for three years on Medicinal Marzipan as an ebook. I’m really excited about this one.. because it’s eating up all my brain space and I’ve got so much I’d like to move on to.

thanks for the inspiration. always. xoxox

Lots of fun things to come! For me: Survive the next 4 months without gaining 50 pounds, birth a beautiful baby girl, start training for half-marathon, live life to fullest! Oh, and try to adjust to life as mother of 2 and not mother of 1.

Can’t wait to see what all 2011 holds! :) I think my favorite thing about you? Unlike some bloggers who promise huge thinks and never deliver, you always seem to deliver. :)

Wow – you have got it going on!!! Love it. On my list for 2011 is to meet you and possibly go schmunning. Or maybe just have coffee. Either way, it will happen. There, take that, law of attraction! :)

Also writing. I be writing. Which is why I be not reading blogs until later in the day.

I’m working on 39. That’s 39 years of age while losing 39 pounds, 39 days of consistent good choices, 39 different ways to run for fun, saving 39 dollars a month beyond my usual… reading 39 blogs…

I’ll look for the twitter party.

Yay! It sounds like a lot of exciting stuff going on. :)

I’m getting back to blogging (semi-)regularly, and working on (what I’ve taken to calling) “Operation Normal,” formerly known as “Operation Don’t-Be-Crazy.” Lots of stuff going on this year . . .

Looks like another great year! Full of all kinds of goodies.

This year is about living well. Getting out there and being fit, whether I’ve reached the goal yet, or not.

Small steps which add up to big changes. That’s what I’m doing also. You are always a great inspiration. So thanks so much for that. Yes, I’m looking forward to the Twitter Party, hope I can actually figure out how the hash tag thing works.

I’ve got so many ideas/plans rolling in my noggin. Trying to organize and prioritize these matters. It’s gonna be a fantastic year.

Sounds like you have an exiting year to look forward. I for one look forward to meeting you at Fitbloggin. I’ve heard your podcast and read your blog and the information you provide is so valuable. Best of luck to you in all your projects.