Hi chocolate pudding pies!
I’m Katie, of the blog: Chocolate-Covered Katie, where I spend my days giving naughty recipes a healthy makeover.
Healthy recipes, such as the Cake-Batter Milkshake.
Today, I want to share one of my blog’s most-popular recipes: Fudge Babies. They’re completely sugar-free, but you’d never know! True, I’m used to the taste of healthy foods, but hundreds of others who aren’t—vegans, omnivores, and even carnivores—have raved about the babies’ deliciousness.
- 1 c walnuts (120 grams)
- 1 and 1/3 cups pitted dates (230 grams) (I use SunMaid)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder, depending on how chocolatey you want the balls to be (I used 4T extra dark)
- Optional: chocolate chips
1. Chop/blend all the ingredients, using a food processor, Magic Bullet, etc. (No need to blend the dates first; I just blend everything all at once.)
2. Roll into cutey-pie little balls… or even shape into brownies!
Don’t stop with chocolate!
The possibilities are endless. See: Fudge Baby Flavors.
And a nut-free variation: Samoas Fudge Babies.
The healthy answer to girl-scout cookies! On my blog, I try to show that healthy food can taste amazing when it’s prepared the right way. One shouldn’t have to choose between good health and good taste; you can have your cake (preferably chocolate!) and eat it too.
Healthy is the new naughty!
Please do stop by sometime, at Chocolate-Covered Katie, and say hi. I love meeting new bloggie or reader friends!