There has been a severe drought in Texas this summer and Im not talking about the weather.
Im talking about my mouth.
My water-hole hath become more of a word-which-rhymes-with-BAPPLE hole.
Intellectually I knew I was doing my body a tremendous disservice, but tired, crazed, misfit on the go’ly I almost didnt care.
Because as I saw/felt my lack of proper hydration impact pretty much every fact of my life (from workouts to wellness) I began to care quickfastandinahurry.
As a result when I was offered the chance to be a part of the Brita Challenge to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day I knew there were no accidents.
I’d love for you to join me. I know I need to do this.
Lemmie break it down:
MYTH: MizFit has lovely light yellow urine which practically sings I’m happily hydrated as it exits her bladder.
FACT: The Tornado & I were emptying our bladders in a public place when she announced loudly: Look Mama! we both have yellow yellow peepee! This, uh, pee pee color is not a good indicator of overall my health and MUSCULAR hydration (!).
MYTH: MizFit has been feeling mildly mentally sluggish lately due to the untimely removal of her Tornado sidekick for government mandated kindergarten.
FACT: When our bodies become dehydrated our attention & concentration can decrease by 13% & short term memory by 7%. Clicking the pitcher above and joining me in drinking 8-10 glasses of water per day (fortuitously the amount contained in said pitched!) can greatly help our mental acuity. (**cue confetti shaped like something I caint recall but will as soon as I properly hydrate**)
MYTH: MizFit has kinda old looking skeletor hands.
FACT: Thankfully my seriously when did I get me the hands of my grandma issues might also be tied into my mouth’s water drought! Another way to test for dehydration is to pinch the back of your hand while it is resting it on a flat surface. When you release the pinch, your skin should snap back into place. A slooooow return to normal can be a sign youre dehydrated.
So where do we go from here?
How do we mitigate our dehydration levels all while having fun
and leaning way too heavily upon you guys and harnessing the power of community I yammer about all the time?
Im so glad you asked.
Check us out on Twitter hashtag #britachallenge. It’s
gonna git ugly be all in fun.
And, because I KNOW none of you would reveal them to
the enemey Roni, below are the tricks I plan to use during our one month challenge:
- Until I find a drinking water groove—Ive created a hydration schedule as I do with all important facets of my life. Ive set alarm reminders and everything!
- I plan to match any NON-WATER beverages with same amount of water (this works well for me as I tend to eliminate non-water to reduce amount of time spent running to & fro rest room).
- Im wearing 10 rubber bands on one wrist & switching to other after each glass consumed (YAY visual reminders. BOO I dont possess 10 lovely bangles).
- Ive sliced lemon, lime, & cucumbers and placed them in my 10 cup purple pitcher. Aesthetically pleasing AND tasty!
- I also employ these at times as a secret weapon in my Brita water bottle. With myself they’re merely frozen lemon water. With the child they’re often diluted flavored water. #youllhavethat
Now I seek your help.
PLEASE to gimmie your best water drinking/staying hydrated tip in the comments below
and I will lock the post from She whose name I will not say’s prying eyes.
And maybe, in the name of healthy living, Ill share and help the opposing team out as well
but really probably not.
FTC my Brita water bottle and pitcher were FREE. My ability or inability to stick with the challenge is all my own.