Kitchen Workout Challenge sponsored by Egg Beaters

Oh people.

I should be embarrassed how excited I am for this week.

The fun & enjoyment I got from the *process* of creating these posts surprised even me.

I rant about how fitness (& life) should include having fun during the journey and not only on the end goal.

These next 5 posts embody that notion for me.

I give you an entire week of challenges brought to us by Egg Beaters 100% egg whites.

A week of videos.

Now, lest you think Ive not been paying attention, I have.  I’ve heard you.

You *think* you don’t love the vlogs & I shall spend the next five days attempting to prove you wrong.

I sing.

I throw in free style rhymes & hip hop dance.

I don grown-up apparel & pretend to have a real “office job.”

I employ POP UPs ala VH1′s pop up videos (remember those?) in case you need to turn the volume down & wanna absorb the info that way.

Are you ready?

Please to join me in my kitchen for 78 seconds.

I CHALLENGE YOU.

This post is brought to you by Egg Beaters 100% Egg Whites.  The singing, dancing & kitchen’ercizing are all my own.

Comments

1. Irene says

I had to turn it down to low, but the singing and dancing?
    Hilarious, Mizzy.
    I will dance in the kitchen for you.
    DANCE PARTY LOL

2. Pat says

(and the tips. I really will try that with cans of soup while I make the twins’ breakfast!!!)

3. Runner Girl says

I am one of those people who say she can’t fit in weight training.
    Were you talking just to me? :)

Out for my run now maybe I’ll try this after LOL

4. Stacia says

Ok girl I am in a hurry to get ready for work, but that thumbnail made me give you 78 seconds LOL.

AWESOME VLOG.

A) Love your kitchen
    B) You can often find me doing push ups in the kitchen while planning a meal
    C) or if I put something in the microwave I try to do mountain climbers the entire time…

6. Meredith says

AWESOMENESS.

Short, singing, and motivating.

I’d forgotten all about my split squats!

Oooh! I want a MizFit cookbook!
    Whisk EB Whites for 15 calf raises.
    Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 jumping jacks.
    :-)

8. Miz says

YES MA’AM. Now grab you some soup cans or EB Whites containers and toss in some resistance training :)

YOU ARE TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!! Love the video & singing & exercise & yes, the EB whites! :-) AND the MizFit skort!!!

BTW, I long for your kitchen even though I am not a cook!:-)

10. Tamela says

This really did give me ideas for how I could burn some calories even on days I am too busy to burn calories.

Thanks!!

Love the song, Miz.

Haha yessss you made me enjoy a vlog. Mission accomplished; well done. You kept it simple and concise, and offered good advice! Too often while i’m cooking, I allow myself to just stand and wait, or sit and read or pop on the TV. This week I’ll try squeezing those moves into my kitchen time!

I have to admit I really don’t like cleaning so I put on my wireless mp3 and I dance and have a lot more fun than I would have without music!

13. Sasha says

I can’t stand vlogs as it seems people ramble & it’s a lazy way out of blogging.

This vlog rocked!!!!

• Miz says

I do. In a perfect world id not need to squeeeeeze and fit everything in this way, but my world isn’t perfect. Yet :-)

What is not to love about a JINGLE + PRESS?

I love this whole concept – I think I read it once w Lisa – about squeezing in minutes….

That was huge for me because the ‘I don’t have time’ thing used to be my biggest barrier.

I love squeezing in minutes – dips, pushups, wall squats or whetever – at work, on the phone (those dreaded conf calls)… or?

and yes – I’ve been known to do laps of walking lunges at dinner prep time – ha!

Okay, I’ve said it before, but you are AWESOME!!!! Love your skirt, love the moves, am WAY jealous of your kitchen, your legs and arms rock, etc. :) I’m excited for you posts this week too! yay!

16. Lizzie says

Fantastic vlog.

Here are my unsolicited vlog thoughts:
    They aren’t for everyone. I usually skip them because they are IMO unwatchable.
    Bloggers who are strong writers, however, they are uncomfortable on camera.
    This causes me as viewer to be uncomfortable.

I think yours work because you are comfortable on screen.

Just my .02

Brilliant!
    I am not, never was and never will be a vlog hater. Love seeing your true self moving across my computer screen!

And that running skirt rocks!
    xo

So THAT’S the secret to fab arms.. I am off to get a couple cartons so I can tone up for summer ;) You’re so dang cute. Loved this.

Love the slippy kitchen floor split squats, never would have thought of that!

Totally agree that finding exercise opportunities throughout the day can really save some time, though it gets some strange looks when you take this approach to the grocery store. Not that I haven’t…

Haha great! I wish I could do the thing with the towel. I have tried it so many times on so many surfaces and I can’t get the smooth motion down. I should do some upper body stuff while cooking this week.

You are sooooo great! And you have no idea how much I want to meet you in person. (um…that sounded “stalky” didn’t it?? :) ) Have a great Monday, look forward to more of the egg beater/Miz vlogs!!!

I stumbled upon your site from Mark’s Daily Apple and I’m happy I did. This made me smile. I’ll be following your blog. I have been slacking on doing vlogs myself, and this made me want to get right on that. Thanks for the inspiration!

Love this, Carla! Truth be told, I tell people to do this but don’t always myself! Gotta work on that. I do find ways to get pull ups in when I walk by and mountain climbers done when I’m waiting for water to boil…just gotta keep up with those moves more frequently. Love the idea of and truth of fitting fitness into our lives in a seamless, real fashion…thanks for this reminder today!

Forget about Angelina’s right leg!!! :) Love the video, love the reminder to fit more FIT TIME in whenever we can. :)
    xoxo

25. SinnerElla says

Those effin question marks are actually hearts. The comment machine hates me. And my hearts. : /

OK, that was good. I have to admit it. What a wonderful idea! There’s not a lot out there that I haven’t seen or heard before in some form or another so I gotta’ hand it to ya’ for being so darn creative. :)

Holy crap I love your kitchen. I tried painting our cabinets white in the bathroom and now it’s our “ten foot bathroom” because as long as you’re 10 feet away it looks great! ANYHOW. Love this idea of the multi-location Egg Beaters challenges. (Your jingle is awesome!!) And you know I love pop-videos.

This is a comment to the website owner. Does your website get enough traffic or rank for keywords on Google? Well we can help! We can provide you with a safe tiered link building system! This will help your rankings in the search engines and make your website more visible to your target audience. Take a quick look as I am sure you will be interested.