It’s MOVING DAY!

20120904 083410 168x300 Its MOVING DAY!

The POSE.

Ive said good bye to friends, family, my reign as Austin’s Fittest mama, my BELOVED Lifetime Fitness facility, my FAVE UPS guy, my amazing tattoo artist and fellow mama-friend, and on and on…

I feel as though Ive had ample time to learn of the change, process the change, rant and ramble on all social media channels and in real life about the change and EMBRACE THE CHANGE.

Im as ready as I ever will be to leave the place Ive called home for twelve years and create a new life.

And yet, instead of looking backward and focusing on the ATX (<—-foreshadowing! foreshadowing!), Ive chosen to look ahead.

Not so much even to life in the Bay Area, but to the transition.

My yoga practice this year changed me.

Ive opened my hips, laughed and played and discovered my love of the OM—but no lesson has been as powerful as this one:

The transition is as important as the pose.

Ill be spending the next few days (weeks?) transitioning and focusing on remembering this notion.

• I will slow down and notice how the transition feels.
  • I will allow my brain to register all the changes and not HURL myself into Bay Area life merely so I can get to the next life-pose.
  • I wont rely on momentum to propel me into my new routine.  I’ll allow my inner strength to slow me down and bring FOCUS to the journey not the destination.

OM OFF, People.

And, as much as I’d like to be breezy & blase and say:

I’ll catch you on the flip-side!

We’d both know that would be a lie.

So I shall end this with a more apt & honest:

…and I shall update you incessantly along the way. xo

my yammers about poses & parting, transitions & trepidation may also be found on Facebook, Instagram & Twitter

Comments

1. MizFit says

I cannot say enough (or well apparently as when I reread this it isnt emphatic enough to me :-)) how LIFE CHANGING this perspective is.
    I long to rush through to the “good part”
    I crave the “routine in our new city” time when I reflect back and think HUH! DID I EVER *NOT* HAVE A ROUTINE AND FRIENDS AND…HERE?

Im embracing the transition.

The movers called.

They are now coming today to dismantle and TOMORROW for pick up.

The transition shall be even longer than anticipated.

YAY (< -----WINK)

You are going through an EXTREMELY big change. Yoga has taught you to embrace each moment and that will be a good thing.

I am so glad you will update us along the way. You’ll take us all with you via the interwebs and we’ll cheer you on through all of it!

I think you will be surprised how easy the old routines will translate. Just might need a bigger coat for those playouts!

Hugs to you! You’ve GOT this!

oh i am selfish and want to you stay. I wish i could come see you before you go today. Please text me if you have any free time.
    p.s.
    your transition will be your biggest strength…. think balancing stick, tricky but manageable if you are patient and focused.

xxoo

• MizFit says

I am heading back to urgicare this morning as the TRANSITION be fraught with COUGHING which is threatening to topple us but WONT :-)
      Ill be here all tomorrow, Lindsay, helping (ok watching :0)) load the trucks!

This is excellent. I’ve sort of learned the same thing from running. While sometimes it is great to be done, the point of going for a run is to be out running. :-)

Oh man, I love this post because it so speaks to me. I sooooo rush through the transitions because I want to be in that next pose/stage where I can feel firmly planted on my own two feet settled and not floating through the air transitioning. Best of luck with the move and the transition. Breathe Breathe Breathe. Safe travels.

I think the transition (or the journey to the destination) is where we learn the most about ourselves. It’s everything that led us to that point that really is the most valuable to our growth.

Best of luck with your move!

xo

It’s the yogi in me saying that the Universe presents things to us when we need them. It presented Yoga to you this year knowing that you would need its lessons. Maybe you didn’t anticipate having to use them so quickly upon learning them, but isn’t it good to know that it can sink in pretty quickly? :)

All the best to you and your clan in the move and the settling in at the new home.

Such a wonderful post Carla! It really makes me feel the need for yoga if I could afford a class outside the gym. The gym ones are just not for me. I need away from the gym to get focused on all you write about yoga plus better classes! ;) I am eager to hear all. I know you are being strong as well for Tornado. Moves are hard. I have been there but I also know that somehow they turn out fine once it is settled in & life grows anew… HUGE HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you, love your perspective. I hope the Bay is ready for some Miz and Tornado. Forever changed it will be.

…in the best possible way.

Safe travels friend.

I love this for so many reasons–your optimism, your belief that “The transition is as important as the pose”. Looking forward to the updates. xo

The blogosphere is an amazing place!

I am moving cross-country next week and am already seeing shades of rushing to be settled in the pose. I will keep this mantra in mind during the whole process.

Thank you!

Good luck to you and your fam. Not that you need it – sounds like you’ve got it covered:)

I know (just from the short time I’ve been reading your blog) what a very strong person you are – both physically and most importantly, mentally. You will make this transition wonderfully!!!
    I hope everything with the packers, movers, traveling, and the billion other little (and big) things involved in the move go smoothly for y’all!

Love.this.so.much. Life is flux – a constant transition from one thing to the next. We can take mental snapshots of individual moments, but it’s the continuous flow of those moments that make up our lives, and focusing on one specific moment makes us miss out on a host of others.

Safe journey, Miz!

I feel like our lives have been so full of one transition to another – most unexpected, some hard, some full of joy. We learned from a book the term “endbeginnings,” because when one thing ends and you transition to something different, it’s also a beginning of something else. I love this idea and realize there are endbeginnings in our lives all the time.

Here’s to a good endbeginning and a smooth transition for you guys as you head to the Bay Area! :D

One thing about transitions and big days and all that — the stuff that goes wrong is what you will love to look back on and laugh. So enjoy those things, it’s what i try to do.

You are going to do great in CA!!! I’ve never moved (except for college) away from my hometown, so I’ve been in the same place my whole life!

What a great experience – I know you will kick ass there!

While moving can be sad, it can also be so cathartic. I love this post and how you’re planning on taking the transition. Best of luck, wishing you the best in your new home!

I feel as if I just removed my head from the sand, when did you announce you are moving and why are you moving?

Best wishes for a smooth moves and with the adventures that your new world will have in store for you.

What a beautiful way to approach your move. I didn’t want to move to Northern Ca 23 years ago when hubbies job brought us here and now I can’t imagine living anywhere else! Wishing you all the best, safe travels and good times along the way.

I’ve made several moves in my life because of all the schooling I’ve had. Some were easier than others. Some took me places, and others took me away from places.

I wish you well, Carla!

Its like you learn my thoughts! You appear to know so much about this, such as you wrote the e-book in it or something. I feel that you can do with some percent to power the message house a bit, however instead of that, this is excellent blog. A great read. I will certainly be back.

As I’m following your move on FB etc, I notice that you ARE focussing on the transition and the move itself (although stressful) seems part of the whole adventure.

Deb

Attractive portion of content. I simply stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to say that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing in your feeds and even I fulfillment you access consistently fast.

24. Joe Strandell says

That is a gnarly tat!
    I love your blog! So many great articles… I thought you might like to know that http://www.Dentist.net is offering 10% off their products with the code ORALCARE :)  Happy New Years!

Been out of the loop but got updated by someone who is very excited to have you living close to her. Change as hard as it may be is good it’s growth. Best of luck in your new home!

Safe travels – hope the move goes well. :)
    A headstand on a chair with wheels…I’d be doomed if I even attempted. Wheels + me = doooooom!
    Happy holidays :)

Well, we’re all here to support your transition and be super excited for you to grow and learn in a new environment! I hope you have a smooth transition and fall in love with the Bay Area. Cheers!

Like Amanda, I’m going to come back to read this when we move this summer. I tend to want to hurry through the transition and anything uncomfortable and just get settled. I love this analogy. Best wishes for a smooth move and many sweet surprises in the new year!

I love this post! Such an important lesson. I wish you lots of joy and happiness in your new home, but also during the transition.

Yes, do enjoy all that comes your way with this move. I am truly hoping to do an exchange of sorts with you for this year. You come to the west coast, I go to Texas! I am puttin’ it out there and believing and knowing that amazing things can happen all in the course of a year.
    You are so right to take it all in and find what is there for you in this new life, rather than force it.

31. Nanci Pent says

This might be a little off topic but we have made the decision to hire a moving service and are trying to find an honest moving organization. We were curious about using this company, Move4Less 1015 Shary Cir #7 Concord, CA 94518 – 925-808-3139. Is there some sort of movers scam or review site in existence for checking on them?