When I received the email offering me a Bella Nutripro juicer I was tempted to respond:
Thanks for asking but Id rather eat my fruits and veggies
and prod the husband to follow suit.
Instead, I hit up google (and facebook) and learned this fun factoid:
…while fiber is an essential component of healthy eating, its presence impedes digestion and nutrient absorption. As fiber is extracted during the juicing process, nutrients are maximally available to the body and rapidly flood the bloodstream with their healthful properties.
I was curious. I was filled with questions:
—but what the heck is a cold pressed juicer?!
These machines operate via a mastication (chewing) or cold-press method. In contrast to the rough extraction of centrifugal juicers, mastication or cold-press juicers compress fruit and vegetables to ‘squeeze’ out their juice…they produce a high-quality juice – and more of it.
Ohhh. You had me (and the Tornado) at rough extraction.
While I waited for my new UPS guy to deliver (& assume I have a shopping addiction) I did some research.
Advantages of the Bella Nutripro juicer:
- Quieter (ohmygosh this is needed by me. someday Ill tell you the story about nearly getting kicked out of our commune in Guatemala because of blender noise)
- Higher nutrient value
- Lower heat and oxidation protecting nutrients and enzymes
- Well-suited to juicing greens and sprouts (these are my goals….not fruits)
- Yields more juice because more of the fruit/vegetable’s juice can be utilized during process.
- Juice lasts longer in ‘fridge.
I kept returning to this thought:
I have a fab blender. I love my blender!!
And yet I repeatedly encountered this as I did research. I did not know this. I was a weetad shocked by this:
If you use a blender, the fruits and vegetables are being cut and ground by a blade. Cutting into a fruit or vegetable can remove many of the vital vitamins, enzymes, proteins, and minerals.
I grew excited eager and ANTSY after reading the above.
I told myself this would NOT BECOME CLUTTER. I would use the juicer. A lot.
As long as the clean up was as easy as they say.
Here’s what I found out:
The box arrived. I opened. I grew apprehensive. Could figure this juicing thing out?!
The child was EXCITED.
Initially it looked confusing.
Yet I got it set up in the proverbial JIFFY!
We were off to the juices! (like off to the races. funny? no? duly noted.)
The Tornado was more than ready. She only like carrots SLATHERED in the butter of the peanut.
The juicing commenced.
I was more than a little proud. I did it.
I made celery, carrot, apple JUICE!
And lottsa lottsa PULP.
Which instead of drying and baking with this time we:
Next it was time to grab the Juicer Cleaner GIANT TOOTHBRUSH.
The entire Bella Nutripro juicer clean up was easier than Id ever anticipated! (**cue confetti shaped like me scrubbing**)
I loved. She loved. I knew Id love. I was surprised she loved.
- I **love** the Bella Nutripro juicer for all the misfit reasons I thought I would: it makes eating veggies fun for the child. it facilitates EASY volume eating o’veggies for me.
- The husband didnt use it…but I snagged/used all the veggie-supplies he’d purchased. I learned you can lead a husband to a juicer—but you cannot make him masticate.
- The child was IN for juicing. The child lost her mind when she saw CURIOUS GEORGE juiced too. Seriously. There should be a Bella/George partnership in the works…
Are you a fan of juicing?
Are you a believer we should EAT OUR VEGGIES & able to consume veggie-volume without?
Is your SEVEN year old also still smitten with Curious George (!)?
FTC the juicer was free. The fun, farmers marketing & FAB masticating is all my own.