I know you may be tired of my saying this—Ren Man sure is—but it’s freakin cold here.
I anticipated “MizFit is cold” weather.
I know my FAVE temp is around 87 & sunny, I stalked the weather before we moved and saw it was consistently in the 50s.
Cool but doable.
And then I learned it’s 50s in the same way my beloved Pittsburgh is in the 50s:
30s in in the morning, damp, windy, maybe 50 for an ephemeral moment mid-afternoon.
The husband was kind enough to bestow upon me this parka (shockingly many other moms at the Tornado’s school own similar!):
- I was grateful for the coat…but Im a misfit whose smile is snagged by the cold.
- I was grumpy.
- I clicked into HIBERNATION mode.
I began planning my move back to Austin for IMMEDIATELY after the Tornado’s high school graduation.
- I swiftly remembered it’s not about me anymore.
I owed it to the Tornado to be resourceful, find my smile, and STAT.
And so we did.
It was an amazing reminder of the power of endorphins, laughter and little people.
eclipses the teacher. go old people!!!
Need more than a smile to motivate you to scooter?
- Scootering builds self-confidence and self-esteem. (yes. Im talking about my self-esteem.) Look what an uncoordinated 43.5 year old was able to master without breaking a hip!
- Scootering is a GREAT GLUTES workout. I was sore for days & methinks my booty is already less inclined to meet the backs of my knees!
- Scootering is FAB cardio…the kind you dont even realized youve done till it’s DONE!
- Scootering is AMAZING coordination practice…for us big people who no longer git out and PLAY on a regular basis (hello hopscotch!).
- Scootering finds yer smile. PERIOD. No one can be grumpy while attempting to balance, flail a leg, and not fall over. Believe me. I tried.
Have you given KICK SCOOTERING a try?
Im so so so flipping FRUGAL and even I think It’s thirty dollars TREMENDOUSLY well spent.