If you listened closely on Saturday night you mightcould have heard a loud SCREAM of YEEEEEE HAW!!!
From the moment we moved to Oakland I commenced a count down to March 10th when we’d spring forward and the days would get longer.
I didnt rock the darker nights in the ATX, but when it was dark nights & still flip-flop warm outside I rocked them harder. Better. Happier.
There’s another reason I adore the springing forward.
A unique to our misfit trio reason:
we seize the loss of an hour to CHOOSE TO LOSE a habit which no longer works for us.
Allow me to explain.
No one adores the initial loss of an hour of sleep—right?
We’ve found a silvermisfit lining:
The way our tradition works is you
must are lovingly encouraged to pick a habit you’d wanted to change *anyway* & jettison it with the loss of the hour.
You consider if you had one less hour every.single.day., identify what habit is just not working for you/is a time-waster & commit to at least TRYING to eliminate it.
This year for me it was the constant whining about how I loathe cardio.
I do loathe it. I whine about it five times a week (and yet I still do it. TIME WASTING alert!!) It’s time to move on & try AGAIN to see if there’s cardio I would do and enjoy.
The constant lamenting (<—–NEGATIVITY alert!!) is not working for me any longer. It’s time to lose that habit.
Why do I think STRIDE’ing into spring will change my cardio-loathing?
- It’s the best PLAYout ever! Seriously. Tell me you can even glance at the image above without KNOWING laughter ensues? I can be serious about the iron—but it’s MANDATORY my cardio is PLAY.
- It’s OAKtown perfection! Yes Austin was weird—but it was also hotter than HOT! Oakland is the perfect confluence of quirk and temps. Ill be Street Striding in all seasons.
- Unlike ME it dominates hills! I walk the hills in my new ‘hood. I cannot imagine RUNNING the hills in my ‘hood. The Summit 8r Street Strider comes with “Shimano Nexus 8-speed transmission, and with the twist grip shifter” (translation: It be go up hills real nice!).
- I LONG TO EMULATE PHIL DUNPHY. LONG (’nuff said.).
This has arrived:
Ill be back next month to report if the Summit 8r helped me stick to my Spring Forward No Mo’ Cardio Whining Habit Elimination plan (vlog hilarity shall ensue).
But first you.
- Given one less hour per day—EVERY day–what not working for you/plain ole USELESS habit would you shed?
- Will you commit to eliminating said habit starting today?
(skips off JOYFULLY to Street Stride her little misfit heart out—SANS WHINING.)
FTC: the Street Strider Summer 8r was free. The loathing of the cardio & joyitude at the springing forward is all mine.