Jews eating eggs in a ham basket.

I am the Eggland’s Best brand ambassador and the below is a sponsored post. The topic, opinions, & and my obsession with eggs in a ham basket are all my own.

goldendoodle puppy

Since the addition of Charming we’ve been in a Puppy Bootcamp of sorts.

The child and I, I mean, as the Husband hightailed it out of town had a business trip for almost three weeks *immediately* after we brought him home.

The Tornado & I knew intellectually he’d be a crazyactivepuppy–but we did NOT anticipate the 20,000 plus steps per day he’d encourage us to take. (!)

As a result the Tornado has been perpetually famished.

She’s also in a phase where she wants to make her *own* meals so I’m always searching for fun, protein options she can create (mostly) herself.

Enter this query:

Screen shot 2014-02-01 at 4.23.10 PM

Exist this misfit smiling & grocery-bound.

Screen shot 2014-02-01 at 4.24.10 PM

Now, if you’ve visited me more than a few times you’re aware cooking is NOT my thing.

I cook. I bake. I don’t make stuffs which you’d pine to pin(erest) even though it may taste FaNtAsTiC.

This ham-basket experience was too good and too simple, however, not to share.

Step one.

rsz_photo157

Step two.

Eggland's Best Eggs

Step three.

rsz_photo163

Step four.

rsz_photo159

Voila.

eggs in a ham basket

We tweaked the recipe tweeted to us—shocking I realize—but for those of you seeking specifics here’s what we did:

Ham & Egg Baskets

• 1 slice of ham (or, if you’re me, 1.5 slices as you panic & shove another half-slice into the muffin-hole)
  • 1 egg
  • torn pieces of cheese—whatever you have in the house
  • smatterings of salt and pepper
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
  2. Fold ham so it fits into muffin cup.
  3. Break egg into the ham cup.
  4. Top with cheese, salt, pepper.
  5. Bake for 15 minutes (longer for more firm yolk).
  6. Cool then plop on skull plate.

rsz_photo161

• When’s the last time you married your EGGprotein with a HAMbasket? (if yer answer is NEVER the Tornado implores you to try…)

Comments

1. Barbara says

That looks fantastic. Going to have to get some ham to try that! You know I already have lots of eggs! :)

2. Healthy mama says

These are just our morning speed too.
    Easy to assemble and fast.
    Three cheers for the tattooed egg as I think of you ever time I buy!!!!

3. Rita says

I know you joke you’re not a foodie, but I love your recipes because I can make them.
    They are always things I have on hand and not too crazy complicated.

4. Yvonne says

These look awesome!!!

They need you to be on their egg carton as I, too, think CARLA!! when I see their tattoo :)

All the baked egg recipes look good to me, but I’ve yet to try. Tiger Lilly would be so sad if she didn’t get her EB egg yolk from my fried eggs! (I have a whole egg + a white, she gets the other yolk).

I love making eggs like this!! I usually put turkey bacon, and chop left over roasted veggies and put it in too! They are so yummy and easy for me to grab to bring to work with me!!

We have these regularly – my friend Kate has nicknamed them Elle’s Sunshine Baskets! I like to make them with the thin slices of ham we get at Costco.

Yum!!! These look like the easiest way to make the muffin eggs. I do them when the boys have friends over and everyone can stir in their own ingredients – ham, cheese, veggies…..

9. Annie says

Or maybe even turkey bacon at the bottom and sides, depending on how hard the yolk gets. Looks great! Avacado slices would be yummy on top too! Or some chopped peppers for flavor/texture.

My egg lovers don’t eat meat, my meat lovers are not huge fans of eggs, but i can see #1 Son, who eats anything, loving these. They look like they’d be great for a party, too!

Yum! And I think you just solved my breakfast dilemma – I can bake 1 (or 2, shhh) in the toaster oven while I’m getting kid one off to school and then eat before I have to get kid two up to get ready for school. Perfect!