I am the Eggland’s Best brand ambassador and the below is a sponsored post. The topic, opinions, & and my obsession with eggs in a ham basket are all my own.
Since the addition of Charming we’ve been in a Puppy Bootcamp of sorts.
The child and I, I mean, as the Husband
hightailed it out of town had a business trip for almost three weeks *immediately* after we brought him home.
The Tornado & I knew intellectually he’d be a crazyactivepuppy–but we did NOT anticipate the 20,000 plus steps per day he’d encourage us to take. (!)
As a result the Tornado has been perpetually famished.
She’s also in a phase where she wants to make her *own* meals so I’m always searching for fun, protein options she can create (mostly) herself.
Enter this query:
Exist this misfit smiling & grocery-bound.
Now, if you’ve visited me more than a few times you’re aware cooking is NOT my thing.
I cook. I bake. I don’t make stuffs which you’d pine to pin(erest) even though it may taste FaNtAsTiC.
This ham-basket experience was too good and too simple, however, not to share.
We tweaked the recipe tweeted to us—shocking I realize—but for those of you seeking specifics here’s what we did:
Ham & Egg Baskets
- 1 slice of ham (or, if you’re me, 1.5 slices as you panic & shove another half-slice into the muffin-hole)
- 1 egg
- torn pieces of cheese—whatever you have in the house
- smatterings of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Fold ham so it fits into muffin cup.
- Break egg into the ham cup.
- Top with cheese, salt, pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes (longer for more firm yolk).
- Cool then plop on skull plate.
- When’s the last time you married your EGGprotein with a HAMbasket? (if yer answer is NEVER the Tornado implores you to try…)