I am the Eggland’s Best Brand Ambassador and the following is a National Egg Month sponsored post. My child’s love of the EGG’rito and slumber parties is all her own.
A few weeks ago the child—one who’s called frequently to be picked up in the middle of the night from sleepovers–attended a school-wide slumber soiree.
Sleeping in classrooms.
Weird nighttime creaky noises.
She adored it.
Why am I sharing about school sleepovers in a post sponsored by the EGG’tastic folks at Eggland’s Best Eggs?
It’s roots and wings here, People.
It’s a nod to the
independence EGG’dependence happening right now.
It’s the fact the Child *knows* Mama loves eggs, still wants to be a *little* like her Mama and yet is ready to spread her wings and be an individual.
No longer is she content for me to prepare her morning protein and pass it her way.
She needs to tweak it and make it her own.
Her *own* which in no way resembles my *own* recent pop-in-mouth morning routine:
In order to encourage her separation (wings wings!) yet help her remain tethered to our healthy eating ROOTines I’ve created Egg’rito Pick Your Pleasure Breakfast Bar mornings.
A tad time intensive (for me. which means swift & easy to foodie peeps) and completely worth it to watch her layer on veggies & plop on protein of her own eight-year old volition.
- First I set out choices. I offer veggie options (peppers, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms etc), cheese choices (swiss, cheddar, mozzarella etc), & extra proteins (salmon, veggie sausage, turkey bacon etc). Sometimes I set out other random stuffs to see if she’ll snag (avocado, salsa etc).
- Next I help her make the EGG’rito wrap. I love the Eggland’s Best Liquid Eggwhites are pasteurized. There’s no fear of under-cooking.
- Then she fills, rolls and consumes!
I started this post by saying it’s National Egg Month.
To know my family or to *ever* read my writings is to realize here all months are National Egg Month.
- Have you long known about the EGG’rito?!
- What would you offer in a Pick Your Pleasure Breakfast Bar?