Subtitle: it’s random tip day up in herre!
Ive got a few to start us off (and yes. then it is your turn. in the comments. so get ready.)
1. line your steamer with lettuce leaves as it makes for faster clean-up. this is such an obvious one yet took me ages to figure out.
Back in the day when I competed, I steamed a
crapload lot of chicken & hated every minute of it. For me it wasnt the eating o’the steamed which I detested (with some veggies & a few spritzes of Brags Liquid Aminos I love it!) but the cleaning of the chickengoop from the steamer basket.
lettuce leaf layers? MizFit salutes you.
b. Fennel prevents bloating. Oh, and so does ginger if you like the taste of that (Im not a big fan—except of the snaps. I heart the snaps). Fennel (brace yourselves) helps regulate contractions of the small intestine and aids gas expulsion & ginger is packed with powerful digestive enzymes which lessens (finger quote) the bloat (unFQ) as well.
Do with this tip what you will.
3. Here’s a new(ish) magazine which has some great information between its covers: Clean Eating magazine. seen it yet?
c. This next tip was passed along to me & Ive yet to find it locally. Anyone try the Chia Bars?
Im already a fan given that there is NO processed sugar, salt, corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, synthetic sweeteners, preservatives or genetically-modified foods of any kind in the bar. I dont even care how it tastes–IM IN (but we’ve already established Im quirky that way).
4. snackwise.org found & listed the top ten healthiest vending machine snacks. We (the royal. the bumbling band.) hope never to be caught unprepared but, if we are, at least now we know:
Top Ten Healthiest Vending Machine Snacks:
- Clif Organic Z Bar (these are in v-machines? not the ones I ever pass!)
- NutriPals Snack Bars, PediaSure, Peanut Butter Chocolate or Strawberry Yogurt (the PediaSure made me laugh. Im a child.)
- Oatmeal To Go, Apple Cinnamon for Kids
- Pria Complete Nutrition Bar, Chocolate Peanut Butter Crisp
- Solo Low Glycemic Nutrition Bar, Chocolate Charger or Mint Mania (please to see my Z Bar remark)
- Fig Newtons, 100% Whole Grain
- Fruit Crisp Bites, Apple Crisp or Strawberry
- Instant Quaker Oatmeal Express Cups, Cinnamon Roll, Golden Brown Sugar, Vanilla Cinnamon
- Life Cereal, Single Serve Cup
X. Summer is upon us (especially where the MizFit resides) and this one is for those less than clean eating days: drop a mini-marshmallow in the bottom of your ice cream cones (you know, the pointy kinds. cake? sugar? who
the hell can ever remember!) & they shall leak no more.
198412098. Finally, an oldie but a goodie: store your medicines in the kitchen and not your medicine cabinet. No room in the house fluctuates more wildly with regards to both temperature and humidity than does the room of the bath. Your medicine does not appreciate this variety.
These are the MizFit Random Tips O’the Day.
Got any good ones to share? I know that you do. Please to hit us up in the comments.