It has been ages since we did a good ole fashioned Tuesday Tip List Compilation (was it really way back here? no wonder if feels so long ago!).
And, seeing how it’s still kindasorta still the New Year, I thought it would be the perfect time for us to make a list of our fave calorie burning tips.
We all know that exercise helps us to shed the unwanted el bees & stay stressfree & in shape—-Im thinking those lesser known more RANDOM tips we all have tucked up our sleeves for private use.
Please to roll up yer sleeves, share the tips youve been hoarding & help us all make 2009 the year of the Buff Bumbling Band.
I shall start us off:
- Circuit training (& get your heartrate elevated by peeking into Miz’ dayjobwork).
- Weight training in general boots one’s resting metabolic rate by up to SEVEN percent.
- Take advantage of those dress down days at work & implore your boss to institute more. Studies show when we’re dressed casually we are more likely to take the stairs/park far from office & walk which results in an EIGHT percent increase in calorie burning (not to mention better health always means fewer sick days. try point that our to your boss if s/he resists!)
- Green tea is said to boost fat burning as well & help to burn up to 80 additional calories a day
(80?! I may stick with my coffee.)Chime in here, Oh Bumbling Band. You drink green tea? Have any recommendations?
- Im all about the finding of exercise in unexpected places during my day. Hell, you can even ‘spend’ the extra calories you burned off
on oreos—-just burn em!
- VISUALIZE. I know. It’s shocking that Ive added this to our calorie burning list as who knew I believed in this stuff? The Journal of North American Psychology, however, is (finally) agreeing with me. Their study showed that exercisers who employed visualization of exercise completion were able to GAIN STRENGTH even prior to hoisting a weight (and, as we all know, more strength is more muscle and more muscle is higher metabolism). Whether you believe this or not (and I’ll admit even I’m a skeptic) it cant hurt to spend a few moments focusing & visualizing & seeing what transpires.
*whew* (mops brow and ponders adding wracking one’s brain for a blogpost under little known calorie burning tips)
That’s what I have & now it’s your turn.
Are you a fan of the Mediterranean Diet for its fat burning properties?
Do you lunge & pace when chatting on the cell to burn a few extra calories in the name of multitasking?
Please to vigorously & energetically hit us all up in the comments.