Subtitle: Can you believe it has been a year already?! Time flies.
Ok, People, it’s time again.
This year’s WOMAN CHALLENGE starts on Sunday (Mother’s Day for those of us in the USA) & I’m telling asking you to join me in participating.
(You know I must love the idea as Im many, many things but a “joiner” is not one of them.)
Beyond the fact I know I can always use some additional accountability partners, this year’s theme, It’s your time, completely resonated with me (and, if your blogs are any indication, it will with you as well).
Ive dedicated 2009 to Personal Responsibility.
Ive dedicated 2009 to making time for myself/my goals, owning when I choose not to make myself a priority & not play the blame game.
Ive yammered enough about the fact we all need to decide we are worth it (whatever the “it” du jour may be) & the Woman Challenge/this year’s theme feels like the perfect reinforcement of that concept.
What on earth does the Woman Challenge entail? (I’m so glad you asked)
The Challenge is an eight week event which encourages women and girls to set & achieve personal/physical activity goals.
The whole shebang is coordinated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Office on Women’s Health and focuses on empowering women to make their health a top priority (can I get an AMEN?)
Steps participants are encouraged to take over the next eight weeks include:
* Getting at least 2 ½ hours of moderate physical activity, 1 hour and 15 minutes of vigorous physical activity, or a combination of both each week (MizFit note: we can so do this!).
* Eating a nutritious diet (MizFit note: HELL yes!!).
* Visiting a health care professional for regular checkups and preventive screenings (MizFit note: Do not forget this.).
* Avoiding risky behaviors, like smoking and not wearing a seatbelt (MizFit note: ’nuff said).
* Paying attention to mental health, including getting enough sleep and managing stress (MizFit note: Ahhh, dare to dream.).
Bottom line: The Woman Challenge is what you choose for it to be.
It can be the time you decide to begin training for that 5k race you’ve always wanted to run.
It can be the eight weeks where you choose to start any sort of an exercise program at all.
It can be the sixty days when you decide you’re staying fit & healthy and dragging a few women/girls you love right along with you.
And yes. You can choose to roll entirely sans-site & just focus extra hard on YOU for eight weeks as well.
Me? Im not a pledge gurl that hardcore.
I do hereby pledge to do my best to try and remember to log my activity, to attempt to completely as many of the quizzes as possible, & to cheer those of you participating ONWARD in the silliest ways I know how.
(& guys you may join in as well. In spirit or in drag. Whichever you prefer.)