Id never lie to you (or the company) and a few months ago Id probably have said a big ole NO to doing this product review.
It wasnt so much I was against ‘body toning apparel’ I would most likely have thought interesting. not for me. responded with a polite no & never pondered the sportswear again.
Flash forward to my current workout derailed state and quite frankly nothing sounded MORE appealing than a pair of bootcut body toning pants to this MiznotdoingmuchcardioFit.
I wore em.
I walked in em.
I hung out with Rodney Yee via DVD in them.
I adored them.
But let me back up.
First the pants:**
(**the husband has been traveling so I was compelled to self-shoot the photos. Because I adore you all immensely I asked a complete stranger to take the booty-shot. She thought I was a complete nutball.)
The bottom line:
What I loved about the Fila Body Toning System pants:
- They lifted my booty. Sure the Tornado’s comment was exceedingly weird unusual, but I do have to say my 41 year old bumbum was less longing to meet the backs of my knees in these pants. TMI? Probably—but it’s true. And really who DOESNT wanna work out more when they already LOOK better
- They werent sausage casing TIGHT (I feared. I feared.) They were snug but comfy. In addition there was zero camel’s toe. Dont lie to me ladies you were wondering.
- The body toning pants made me feel energized. You may feel free to laugh (I did. at myself) but the pants reminded me I had leg muscles! Do they *really* do this as they claim: The compression makes the muscles work harder and will get up to a 50% increase in the work the muscles are required to perform. I almost dont care. Even if it’s only placebo effect I will take it.
- I loved them to workout in & with platform flip-flops to hang out in. I felt fancy ambling around town in them and not as though Id just donned flip-flops with my workout wear.
What I disliked about the Fila Body Toning System pants/in general:
- Lack of color Yep. Probably just me but I’d love a pair in olive or deep purple.
- I longed for pockets. Funky jean-style back pockets (yep. again. could just be me.)
- Price. They aren’t cheap, yet if they work do we (the royal) really care? Tough to say. Im one, even in this economy, to invest in my workout gear. I have found the cheap stuff does not hold up.
- Im not one of their ‘real women models’ (yes I said it).
So there you have it.
My thoughts and, as sometimes happens up in herre, you dont have to simply take my misfit word for it.
You may be entered to win an item from the Fila Body Toning System for the lowlow price of a comment below.
What do you think you’d like the best about Fila’s new & intriguing approach to workout apparel?
please to hit us all up in the comments.
TWO USA only winners.
winners announced 11.29.10
**FTC? These toning pants were free. The booty-thoughts above are all my own.