Dizclaimer: Yes, FTC, once upon a time I did receive a set of Rubberbanditz for free. More than the free bands, however, Im compelled to disclose this company has a special place in my heart. For the reasons detailed below and just because they are good people. Great people.
OK, there’s a bit of back-story to this review/giveaway, People.
Take a seat, I shall try to keep the yammerings to a minimum, but I really want to share.
The owner of Rubberbanditz , Ari, initiallyreached out to me when I was mired in a bit of blogging-malaise.
I was over reviewing products & firmly ensconced (once again) in the steaming sh*tpile Id created.
I almost deleted his email without reading (Im nothing if not honest!) but for some reason I opened it & was entirely blown away.
The owner of the company’s message was clear, concise, humorous, and personalized.
It was evident he’d read MizFit prior to contacting me, knew the types of products I reviewed, and actually had one of these products to offer.
(It’s sad how rare these kinds of emails are. Im pitched on everything from diet pills to fancy books about crafting.)
Still, being the curmudgeon I temporarily was, I tried to say no the the review.
He was tenacious and in such a funny & amazingly genuine way I finally relented and said yes.
Not surprisingly, I’m glad that I did.
What did I like about Rubberbanditz?
- They are entirely as represented. Sturdy, easy to use, & come with a FANTASTIC workout guide for all levels. In addition, should a band break within a year of purchase Rubberbanditz will replace for free.
- They’re portable and inexpensive. As a mom whose best laid workout plans are frequently derailed by a Tornado I appreciate having a way to strength train at home. The price-piece speaks for itself. While you can purchase the bands separately the basic package. 39.99 is, in my opinion, a deal! You get bands, a door strap, hand grips, an exercise dvd, an exercise book, & a travel bag.
- They aren’t intimidating. When my parents started resistance training they were intimidated by free-weights & machines (not to mention the gym). While it’s important to focus on form when using Rubberbanditz–-one reason I love the inclusion of an exercise DVD–-it’s also a perfect introduction into the concept of resistance training using something with which we’re all already familiar.**
- The company does community outreach. This fact is really important to me both as a reviewer and a consumer. It speaks volumes, in my opinion, about a company & the people who run it. Rubberbanditz uses a portion of its proceeds to set up exercise band gyms in the developing world & help promote personal health & hygiene on a grassroots level (can you tell the owner served in the Peace Corps?).
- They are a green company. Any returned bands are donated for use in arts & crafts projects AND the exercise manual may be downloaded (for 5% off purchase price) instead of received as hard copy.
What didn’t I enjoy about my Rubberbanditz experience (Im reaching here, People, as my entire experience from first contact to product was stellar)?
- They should update their blog more. Or perhaps I should update less?
- Im not featured on their testimonial page. Whats that? I never sent one in? Oh. Please to disregard…
Bottom line is I love resistance bands (for all the reasons detailed above) & I adored these & Rubberbanditz as a whole.
Here’s where you cease the skimmage & can enter to win your own Rubberbanditz basic band package as pictured below:
How might you use the bands should you be lucky enough to win?
Be honest. Be creative. Be silly. Be snarky. Be blunt.
Please to hit us all up in the comments.
Dont wanna wait to see if youve won? Please to purchase. For every kit sold before 1.1.11 Rubberbanditz is donating one to Carolina For Kibera.
Winner announced 12.20.10