Im finally a wee bit on the mend and, as a result, am ready to
slowly carefully ease back git right to it!
Im cutting way, way, WAY back on reviews (that’s a rant for a different day), but I couldnt pass up the opportunity to check these DVDs out.
I’m one of the few I know who’s never SEEN P90X –let alone done them to extreme exhaustion.
And, quite frankly, I’ll admit to being a tad P90-curious.
A tad curious—-but not 150.00 dollars curious.
As a result, when the opportunity to test the Supreme 90 Day workout arose I immediately said YES.**
Not only did it seem like what *I* needed to shake things up a bit, the 10 DVD set complete with nutrition plan & online support appeared to my misfit eyes to be a new! improved! AFFORDABLE! P90ISH option.
But Im getting ahead of myself.
The Supreme 90 Day workout comes with 10 dvds (chest & back, swiss ball workout, tabata, shoulders & arms, cardio, legs, total body, core, back & bis, & chest shoulders & tris), a nutrition plan from a woman we all adore Tosca Reno, free online support, & a 90 day support chart (pictured below in its place of honor on my fridge).
Now that Ive given you the deets—-let me break it on down to my likes and dislikes.
As opinionated-usual I have a few of each.
What I liked about the Supreme 90 Day workout in no particular order:
- It comes with a food plan. Not only does it come with a food plan but one from Tosca Reno to boot (I love me some Tosca). The plan is easy to follow, suggests consumption of whole, clean foods, & will definitely increase the odds of getting lean success. I already have a mindful-eating plan (read: I didnt use theirs), but as a woman who firmly believes 80% of weight-loss success is created in the kitchen I loved the inclusion of this information.
- The dvds are comprehensive. With five DVDs of muscle-building strength routines, three DVDs of fat burning cardio, and two DVDs for core & abs there arent any gaping muscle/core/cardio holes in the set.
- Supreme 90 Day workout is AFFORDABLE! With a price-tag of 19.99 this goes without saying—but Im saying. Yes I like they didnt sacrifice quality for price, but the DVDs could have been merely mediocre at this price and Id still have celebrated. It also made me *smile* part of their marketing pitch is the notion you can afford to buy the Supreme 90 Day DVDs and still have money left over for new clothes after you lose weight.
- Challenging with out being defeating. Im only in the first week of the program but given all Id heard about P90X I feared these DVDS would kick my
assbooty into quitting. The DVDs are challenging (& Ive needed to stop and take breaks) but not so difficult I quit.
- I love the visual of the success chart. Sure most of this love is probably triggered by the fact we are all kinds of charted up here as of late (hello! reward system for the five year old) —but whatever the reason I surprisingly enjoyed it.
- I like the promise of the online support. Ive not used this option—but I like that it’s offered. Perhaps you winner-type could explore it and let us all know?
What did I NOT like?
- The need for a Swiss ball and weights. Yes I sung the praises of the affordability. That singing, however, was lessened in volume when I realized I needed a Swiss ball and weights. (I owned neither. Collage Video was generous enough to send me a ball and I purchased weights.) This was a negative for me as I’ve always used resistance bands at home and never really wanted to own dumbbells. Additional cost. Additional clutter.
- No yoga. Not only have I heard about the hardcore HARD AS HECK yoga dvd in P90X– Ive been working to add more yoga into my life as well. Personally I would have happily accepted one less strength training DVD in exchange for a yoga DVD.
Now it’s your turn.
Any of you interested in joining me
in this quest as long as it lasts for the next a little less than 90 days?
After reading my ramblings above why do YOU think you’d like the Supreme 90 Day workout?
From Tabata-trying to successchart-seeking please to hit me up in the comments below.
winner announced 4.18.11
**Hi FTC! I just wanted to take a moment and let you know that not only did I receive the dvds & swiss ball for free—but Ive dragged two other bloggers into this with me. You can look forward to their posts as well. xo xo