(I know. Is anything MORE guaranteed to make me <grin> than this?)
Today, People, is National Power of a Smile day.
Before we get to the reasons why you should STOP & spread the SMILE’age I have a story.
A short story.
A no-name story as I dont know if those involved wanna be outed—but a story none the less.
A little over a week ago I ambled out to the mailbox.
I was having a “fine” day. Nothing bad. Nothing great. And definitely anticipated NOTHING BUT BILLS in the aforementioned box of mail.
Inside the box I discovered a package.
I stopped, plopped, & ripped into it immediately.
Inside the package I found the mind-blowing Seuss wall-hanging pictured above.
A surprise from four amazing women which put a SMILE on my face I still have not removed.
A smile Ive learned, as Ive displayed it all around the ATX, is entirely contagious.
It’s with that in mind I ask YOU to join me in celebrating this silly holiday & in the spreading of the smiles.
You need more of a reason than the potential to turn
the world on with your smile around someone’s day?
- Smiling perks up the SMILER as well! Feeling tired & supafly grumpy? SMILE! There’s a pretty good chance you will begin to feel better whether you want to or not. Getting your *grin on* can trick the body into actually believe it’s feeling happier.
- Smiling is a stress reliever. This misfit needed no other recommendation to start smilin’ than that.
- Smiling boosts our immune system. Studies have shown this. Docs are not 100% certain why this is. Smiling causes us to relax which, in turn, boots immunity and prevents coughs and colds.
- Smiling plain ole makes us feel *good* Studies show smiling releases endorphins and serotonin. Together these three make us feel good. Smiling is a natural drug. Smiling is a legal natural feel good high!
- Smiling lowers our blood pressure. The next time you are feeling FRAZZLED try smiling. Hard. Big. A face-splitting grin. How do you feel now??
- Smiling makes us hotter…not in the sweaty Texas way either. Smiling draws people to us and makes us more attractive.
- Smiling is contagious. I learned this lesson repeatedly over the past week or so. Smile & others smile with you. Git
bitchygrumpy & you grump alone.
With that I leave you to go out into the world & Spread of the SMILE.
Be your gesture little (the giving o’the grin to a stranger) or big (sure my Seussian treat was over-the-top, but resulting smile was too) please to hit us ALL UP with your plans in the comments below.