Subtitle: What Ive learned after a few days of being 42.
- Whats the most important thing? FAMILY!* (I miss ye Arrested Development) Period. Always. Monday was no work. All Being Present.
- Youre never too old to match. (It’s hard to tell in the pic below, but our tees match. She proclaimed us doppelgangers. I swooned.)
The TornadoKids don’t care if you are gluten free–they still want them some cheap from-the-box-made cake on *your* birthday (and even though we’re detoxed she ATE CAKE.).
- Gifts are far, far sweeter when not only bestowed upon you.
- Regardless what the media tells me I should feel– I find it far more fascinating than depressing Im 42 and my hands look 42 (ok they look older. I lifeguarded way too long back in the baby oil days to kid myself about this). Monday was a fantastic, family-filled reminder of the fact Im just thankful to be here—wrinkles be damned.
ooh remember that Oil of Olay commercial?!
To the PARTY thing.
The misleading blog-post title which isnt actually misleading.
Most of it was in reference to my rip roaring BirthdayMonday, but indeed some of it is in reference to the below.
To a real party.
A twitter party Im hosting for Fila BTS (pleeease insert inappropriate joke here regarding my being the hostess with the mostess. thank you).
Here are the details:
- July 25 from 7p central to 8p central
- The hashtag is #filatoning (most easily navigated through tweet deck)
- I shall play hostess to the other fabulous BTS Real Women models, Jessica from Dr. Praegers, and Melissa a registered dietitian/nutritionist from Exhale Spa.
- There will be treats & prizes! (free Dr. Praegers items, Exhale Spa Core Fusion DVDs, 1 week membership at any of the 18 Exhale Spa locations, 1 spa therapy treatment at any of the 18 Exhale Spa locations, Massage treatment at any of the 18 Exhale Spa locations, TEN one month supply winners from popchips)
- You will also be able to win some of the Fila Toning new space-dye collection!**
- You can RSVP for the soiree HERE
Get out your calendars.
Mark it down.
And please to meet me there.
Questions? Party confusion?
Comments on what Ive learned since Monday?
Jealous of my doppelganger?
Hit us all up in the comments below.
*photo by the AMAZING Caitlin of twentyfivetwentysix studios.
**That photo is not the space-dye collection. That is merely me forcing you to play witness to my experience as a Real Woman model. You voted for me. You chose me. I love you for it.