Words do not do justice how EXCITED I was at the opportunity to try out the New Balance’s 890v3 Kids sneakers.
(yep. mine are a kids. I wear a size 7.5 womens. The kids ROCKED comfort and fit-wise)
Bright, comfy, New Balance **and** a pair to match the Tornado? It was my misfitDREAM.
When my boyfriend dropped them off, I totally planned to wait until the Tornado got home to open them both.
And then I caved and ripped into mine.
I totally planned to leave her box UNTOUCHED—who doesnt wanna open her own box!?–-but I caved & opened hers as well.
I needed to see the cuteness contained within side-by-side with mine.
So I decided to WAIT to try mine on until she came home from school, (re)opened hers and we could yank on together.
I wore them around the domicile (I skipped! I lunged! I PLAYEDout by myself!).
I donned them for school pick-up.
When the child emerged from school the FIRST thing she noticed were my new shoes:
She had no idea there was a pair waiting at home for her.
And, as Id hoped, she lost her everylovingsevenyearoldMIND when she spied them:
She immediately announced we MUST head outside and run (“They feel like AIR, Mama. Like clouds on my feet!!”).
Run MizFit run!!
Since then we’ve been wearing the New Balance Rainbow 890v3 non-stop.
What did we enjoy about the Rainbow 890v3?
- Everything. We love the look. We love the feel. We love the fit. I love she wanted to match me as I know these days are fleeting.
- The fit. (Her) I adore my child, but the fact it’s nearly impossible to please her when it comes to sneakers makes me crazy. She’s so finicky when it comes to fit (?) and not in any patterned, discernible, understandable way. Shes the child who LOVES!! sneakers in the store and then refuses to ever wear them because they “dont feel so right.” She adored the fit of these. She chooses to wear them of her own accord. I was shocked. I was happy.
- The fit. (Me.) Im less finicky, but Im also used to only wearing my Five Fingers. I was uncertain how Id feel in a more substantial shoe or if these would be shoes Id wear on non-matching days. They are. I do. I LOVE.
What didnt we enjoy about the Rainbows?
- Quite frankly nothing. She loved. I loved. Our feet loved. It has been a win win win. So much so we’ve toted them along on our mini-vacation
and told the Husband it was because HE didnt have a pair he HAD to stay home and work.
- Are you simply RAINBOW smitten as am I?
- Have you, too, been tempted by the NEON, BRIGHT COLOR craze?
FTC? The sneakers were free. My opinions and the fact the child asserted they “FELT LIKE CLOUDS ON MY FEET” be all our own.