We just finished the shoot & I wanted to blog about it while it’s all still fresh in my mind.
Im going bulleted
because Im pretty damn braindead for your reading pleasure.
- Im almost convinced I want to own a flat iron after today. Actually I do OWN the iron (11 months now), so I guess Im almost convinced I should free it from its plastic packaging.
- I loved how the make-up looked on camera (holy huge difference! who knew?) but remain convinced Ill never wear it in real life. It’s the old dogs new tricks thing, I guess.
- The Tornado, however, is a different story. She loved the make-up in the videos and would wear it 24/7 if given the choice. She *LOVED* her some make-up artist time! (and flat ironing and hair-do do-ing…)
- Here we are with the artist who made our magic happen. I adored her. Not just because of the tattoos–she also agreed it is a fab idea to dye pieces of my hair purple (some day. I was fairly confident Fila would not have been ‘all in favor’ for today’s shoot).
- From there we went fast, fun & furious. We shot outside on our deck and somewhere (Ren Man? Fila-Peeps?) there’s great footage of the Tornado industriously blow drying patches of wet wood with a hair dryer. Methinks she’s gunning to change her moniker to Ren(aissance) Girl…
- Did I mention it was *freezing* and damp outside? The
princessTornado insisted on wearing her royal capeblankey until the last possible moment (smart girl). The picture below is blurry but I just LOVE the expression on her face. This experience, for her, was truly jaw-dropping & she wore that expression or a form of it all day. She savored every minute of the shoot which only made me enjoy it more.
- The entire shoot focused on my concept of PLAYouts. On fitness, fun and family. It feels fantastic to work with a brand in a capacity that’s so authentic for me. All of the videos centered around the notion of fitness & healthy living being something *fun* which brings a family together. It’s brought ours together & Im honored to serve as Fila’s spokesmom & share that message.
And that’s sort of why and where this post trails off.
Zero ‘call to action.’
Lottsa sentence fragments & snippets (lets pretend for the sake of this wrap-up there ever are lovely lilting turns of phrase. thank you).
This girl is home for the rest of the day:
Our hopscotch grid is already drawn & our President’s Day PLAYout awaits…
I know by the time you read this it will be tomorrow and President’ s Day will be over. This whole post-almost-in-real-time is awkward in that way. I never know which tense to use…