A day in the life of a misfit

First off, my life is very boring remarkably sedate.

*I* love it, sure, but the mere telling of my day may be enough to put you early morning blog readers *back* to sleep.

That’s precisely the reason Ive ignored you Ive taken so long to respond to yer queries of:

what’s a typical day like for you? I think I’d love to work from home!

And yet, in these waning days of my ATX routine, I really am loving it more than ever. Im treasuring the *routine* of it all.

As a result I decided—in dual role of answering your questions & documenting for me the ‘way I used to do stuffs” for after I launch my new Bay Area lifeto PHOTO BOMBARD YOU.

My day. Sans-meals (there’s a reason Im not a foodie blogger). Semi-disjointed. Pretty much how it all goes down. DAILY.

20120901 062209 236x300 A day in the life of a misfit

First thing. First appointment. Pre-coffee.

coffee 300x225 A day in the life of a misfit

Heaven.

20120829 063736 300x225 A day in the life of a misfit

WorkWorkWorkWorkWork.

20120828 064957 300x225 A day in the life of a misfit

30 minutes and GO!!!

20120829 063552 225x300 A day in the life of a misfit

Play restaurant before bus.

20120828 064215 225x300 A day in the life of a misfit

Play princess before bus.

20120902 063618 300x225 A day in the life of a misfit

WorkWorkWorkWorkWork.

20120828 065708 225x300 A day in the life of a misfit

Sometimes this…

217546 10150536130450472 8383561 n 188x300 A day in the life of a misfit

Usually this…

278250 10150387841969466 3839217 o 300x225 A day in the life of a misfit

MORE GENERAL MEAL REPRESENTIZZLE.

20120829 063736 300x225 A day in the life of a misfit

Love up the…

20120829 172401 300x225 A day in the life of a misfit

…child time.

277671 10150374209514466 3737248 o1 159x300 A day in the life of a misfit

meal prep time.

175431 10150187550689466 6540840 o 225x300 A day in the life of a misfit

get *child* ready for bed time.

338291 10150589577649466 760935581 o 300x225 A day in the life of a misfit

wake Husband up for marriage time.

263596 10150361029304466 464231 n 300x225 A day in the life of a misfit

more snack!

20121117 081122 225x300 A day in the life of a misfit

more pack!

20120829 063736 300x225 A day in the life of a misfit

more work!

20121119 132634 225x300 A day in the life of a misfit

a misfit sleeps here.

So.

• Did I put you to sleep?
  • Are our days alike? Do you workfrolicplayworkandLOVEUPTHOSEYOULOVE, crash, and then git up to do it all again?
  • Are you, like I am, the LAST person anyone would ever ask to be a foodie blogger?

DiZcLaImEr: joyful consumption of diet coke was an integral part of my day until it was ripped from my hands when I went unprocessed twenty six days ago. Not that Im counting.

Comments

I am SO late to the game – You’re MOVING? Away from Texas? WTH!!

I didn’t know we were in the same Diet Coke Anonymous program! Congratulations on your 26 days – as one who loved the bubbly goodness of this particular brand of carbonated caffeine, I applaud your efforts.

You didn’t put me to sleep cause my workdays look a lot like this and there’s nothing wrong with it in my opinion.
    I loved this.

3. Tina (Mightymite Runner) says

Sounds exhausting! At least there will be less packing once you’re settled. I love all the Girl time! I think probably no bus stop time in the Bay Area but maybe you’ll be close enough to walk her to school. Turkish get-up pics are still one of my favorite posts. You’re a stud d’être to the highest power!

looks like a great life! mine is a bit more structured since i’m a teacher (well, i know you are too, but i am in the 8-4 sense hehe) and i don’t have kiddies yet! :) :)

You make me smile so much! Love this day- love how you love, work, move, love more, work more, move more… and lament your loss of diet coke ;-)
    Your kids are adorable.

I find the amount of activity you accomplish in the early a.m. so impressive! You’ve done more in a day before the tornado leaves than most do all day. Great, busy, fulfilling day!

No foodie blogger here either, although I was invited to participate in a recipe contest recently. I think I’m going to skip foodie blogging and go straight to a show on Food Network and my own line of cookbooks. :)

It truly is extremely rare these days to uncover web sites that supply information someone is searching for. I’m glad to see that your weblog share valued information that can aid to numerous scaners. thank and keep writing!

:) I work from home half time and teach at the gym. I’d say no two days are alike. HOWEVER, all involve time with Kay and Josh, movement, good food, and hopefully time outside

Beautiful days slip past one another, like pearl beads off a string.

Mine are routine, too, and include many of the same things as yours.

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No foodie stuff here – I am as boring as you are & maybe even more so! ;)

I love the you time, the play time, the marriage toe & work & all else intermixed – sounds PERFECT to me although I know it is not perfect! ;)

LOVE those shoes in the kitchen! ;)

Wow, you two sure are smiling wide for that “wake Husband up for marriage time”… my guess is you are doing more there than just playing canasta.

No snoring or sleeping here. Loved seeing how your day goes. I’d be a horrible foodie blogger – same meals every day. And none of them are terribly photogenic. Lol! My days are all about going, doing, and being as much as possible – then snoozing long enough to recharge so I can do it all again the next day. It can be exhausting at times but I truly love my life!

This was illuminating for me…thank you. I love the visual representation of your life!

It took me 45 years to start embracing routine and then another five to get even more structured. Which, I am finding, allows for more spontaneity. Gotta love the paradox.

Hmmm I think if I did my day in pictures, people would be bored to death (and maybe not that many pictures… I may have to try this and see!)

Oh and the heels in the kitchen? LOL I’d probably fall into something sharp!

Loved seeing your day in pics! Looks like a great balance of family, work, play. I feel like that balance is something I’m still trying to get right!
    I’m sure you will be very happy when packing is no longer part of your day!!!

Not that much different than mine. Substitute dogs for people. Sleep a little later. Stay up a little later.

Can’t imagine your day will change that much after you move (except for the packing part).

I like how you move throughout the day – not just exercising once and done…I should incorporate that into my Sit and Knit days – get up and do random dips and planks every hour or so.

You know, your day is EXACTLY how I pictured it in my head! (Based on your Tweets, emails and Facebook updates). Nothing surprising here (and that’s a good thing; being transparent and all!).

Loved your ‘general meal representation’ photos. Photographing food is hard!

That’s all you eat in a day? It seems like so little. Like you, the foodie blogger bit just is not a match. Waiting at the proverbial bus stop for my daughter to come home is a match. Just that it’s actually an airport, happens three times per year instead of daily, and does still involve big hugs.

I definitely work more since we moved to florida and I work from home…and especially now that I am working just for me. i always feel like I need to be checking or doing something… and yet in between it all is plenty of time for reading, workouts, resting, etc. it’s nice :)

Haha! That’s great. “Wake the husband up for marriage time.” Looks like he was asleep before your daughter.

Being your own boss is one of the greatest pleasures in life. Congrats on your success!

Love this. I’m exhausted seeing all the things you do before the bus stop. What time do you get up in the morning?! Better qustion, what time do you go to bed at night?

LOVE all the outfits before bus time! And were those pink heels you were wearing for dinner prep time? Classic and looks like packing is going well. Very organized. I’m impressed! xoxo

Did I just read through my day? Wait. No buses for me yet. I have to drive the wee ones everywhere for their school. I used to think “no bus for my kids” and now I look forward to the days of the bus. Ha!

I think that is a pretty sweet life! I remember when I was recovering from a surgery for 2 months and was just staying at home. I loved my schedule, meditating every morning, drinking coconut water. I had a routine and I loved it. Now that I work, I feel like I have less of a stable routine, strangely enough. I hope your packing goes well and your life is sweet!

My days use to look a lot like that when my kids were in school! Now that we have an empty nest things look somewhat different.

I like how you start out your day with meditation. I want to incorporate that into my life.

I am a foodie blogger. Love to cook, make food look pretty and then enjoy each bite. Cooking is like therapy for me!

Holy crud your day seems beautifully amazing, yet packed!
    Mine currently is teach all day, night class, dinner, exercise, spend hours trying to get blog up and running, read some, sleep too little, repeat.

You get SO much done early. I’m trying to work out what time you get up?! I tend to go to bed late (midnight or so) and struggle at 7am!

Also, do you feel much better for having given up diet coke?

Deb

Love it! I’ve often wistfully thought about how awesome it would be to work from home. And then, I notice my procrastinative (my new word) nature and realize an office is probably good for me. You rock! ;)