(Me in my Oiselle Running race day tank.)
As always, before the dispensing of your opinions/the treats, come the dizclaimers:
- Race day tank bestowage is first come, first serve (approx. 300 tank tops available)
- Must email firstname.lastname@example.org after commenting
- “Mizfit” must be in subject line
- Must provide name/address
- Provide size request. If sizes run out others will be sent. Please to simply embrace the YAY I GOT A PRESENT! & gift to another in your life.
- The tank comes in three lovely colors. Yours? Shall be a surprise!
- US mailing addresses only (we love you non-USA peeps the shipping is just so pricey!)
Topic: cotton in athletic apparel
Does “cotton kill”? How do you really feel?
It’s a debate as old as the Boston Marathon:
does cotton, with all its comfy softness, work for athletic apparel? Or is it the cold, clammy, sweat soaker we’ve all been warned about…lurking in your closet, ready to render you exposed and hypothermic with the first beads of sweat?
Of course, the truth lies somewhere in between.
And while cotton is still generally shunned for high performance athletics, it’s making a come back (along with other tasty natural fibers like modal and rayon) even among athletes who have drawers full of polyester.
As for us, we’ve seen our 50/50 tees (50% polyester, 50% cotton) become one of our most popular styles. So much so that we’ll continue to explore natural fibers — particularly for the more “lifestyle” pieces in our line.
But that’s just me.
That’s my gut reaction based on personal preference, what I see my friends wearing, and our own sales numbers.
I’m curious to know what YOU think when considering athletic apparel.
Do you look at fabric content?
If so, and you see natural fibers (cotton, rayon, modal, bamboo), does it make you more or less inclined to buy it?
Do you make your purchase primarily on the feel and look, or on its performance aspects (fit, technical properties)?
Do you have an aversion to cotton?
Enquiring minds, always, ALWAYS want to know.
Thank you Miz for helping us connect with your readers, get valuable info that will help us improve our apparel, and for playing Oprah for a day!!!
Founder, Oiselle Running, Inc.
There you have it, Oh readers of mine. Comment below. Rant rave rage—have at it. When you’re through email Sally (as per the instructions above) and your race day tank shall soon be on its way. Still have questions? A smidgetad confused? Feel free to hit me (& Sally) up below.