(The front of my beloved Nuu-Muu. I love it. Im not sure why Im not smiling. And…)
First lets take a moment and address the obvious given the photographic evidence above: indeed. living in Texas ROCKS. I miss my hometown peeps—but wouldnt trade the winters here for anything.
I get pitched on a daily basis to review products.
By way of full greedy dizclosure (alert! alert! FTC this is for you!) I reached out to Nuu-Muu and begged to do a review.
Id found them through a Google search for exercise dresses (I love me some exercise dresses) and was filled with an immediate & unrelenting longing.
Im sure I should be embarrassed that I contacted & pestered till they relented (and generously offered one up for you readers too) but Im not.
I *told* you the word-play here was more MISFIT than MISS. FIT—but I digress.
What did I freakin’ love about my Nuu-Muu:
- It was as fab as advertised. We all know this is not always the case. It was as lovely in person/in hand as it was depicted in their website. This is a biggie for me as Im finding so many items these days which look great and well-made on my computer screen and not so much in person.
- It transitioned from gym/playground to dinner out seamlessly. By now we all know this is a *huge* necessity for me. I love how my Nuu-Muu didnt look too ‘dress-like’ for the gym or too gym-like for going out afterward. The seamless is a pun. Ive found that by donning SEAMLESS capris underneath I mitigate the workout look of the dress for my excursions afterward. And YES. I don the platform flipflips. Always.
- GREEN GREEN GREEN The Tornado & I have been chatting a bunch about recycling. I noticed and loved that my Nuu-Muu came in recycled and recyclable packing (& tags!). Every little greenbit helps.
- They give back. From working with Girls on the Run to donating proceeds to the Komen foundation. Im 100% more likely to shop with charity-minded companies. 100%
What did I not-so-much love about my Nuu-Muu?
- There were no EXACT matching mom & daughter Nuu-Muus (dizclaimer: Ive always been bad at that Memory card game. Theres a chance these do exist on site and I just, uh, failed to match them?) I know the Tornado will be over her interest in matching me in about 10 seconds. I love to seize the matchymatch while I can.
- They need some of us more people on their athlete’s page. ‘Nuff said.
(Im cognizant Im reaching here, People, but I told you already I asked fer this treat. I was already in Nuu-Muu love.)
Before we segue into the “you too mightcould win” portion of the post please to enjoy a 360 view of the Nuu-Muu:
(enjoying via a reader? Theres a 20 second The-Tornado’s-first-experience-as-cameraPreschooler below)
So there you have it.
The Tornado’s first cameragirl experience (& inexplicable thumbs-up to self at the end).
What would you do in yer Nuu-Muu if you were to win one?
Please to hit us all up creatively in the comments.
winner announced 1.24.10