THE MIZFIT WORKOUT SKIRTS ARE HERE!!

carlabirnberg skort 300x294 THE MIZFIT WORKOUT SKIRTS ARE HERE!!

**CUE CONFETTI!!**

This has been a process, People, and because I love you Ive dragggged you through the entire thing with me.

Im nice that way.

• I waffled (Im a wordswoman. I dont wanna sell apparel.)
  • I questioned (I love love love mine.  Would others love?).
  • I pondered (Is there a way to be all (color/style) things to all people? Should I just start with this skirt & go from there?).

And as I did I washed and wore and washed and wore and washed and WORE my sample skirt.

A lot.

Like:

547347 10151390761704466 436916137 n 300x300 THE MIZFIT WORKOUT SKIRTS ARE HERE!!

Every:

603441 10151343783599466 144330632 n1 300x300 THE MIZFIT WORKOUT SKIRTS ARE HERE!!

Single:

375580 10151278597354466 60357724 n 300x300 THE MIZFIT WORKOUT SKIRTS ARE HERE!!

Day:

483103 10151428607434466 2008249584 n 300x300 THE MIZFIT WORKOUT SKIRTS ARE HERE!!

Each time I did people would stop me & ask about it.

Women would ask where I purchased it & share they’d love to have one because they adored the words sprinkled across the skirt.

In turn I found I’d spin and rave about how much I love the way it fit (see raving video below).

And so, only about a year after the idea was born, (Im nothing if not slow and methodical) the skirts are finally here.

Finally for sale.

I love the cut.

I love the fit.

I love that —if youre a misfit as I am— it goes from gym to LIFE with ease.

The skirts retail for 48.00 and, by way of full diZclosure since we’re nothing if not always transparent around here, I make 5.00 per skirt.

I am donating 100% of that to the Mayan Families charity.

• Curious when the sports bras are coming?
  • Wish it were a tank top instead?

Please to hit us all up in the comments below…please to CLICK HERE to purchase.

Due to the fact Im a one woman show & not a major sportswear conglomerate the skirts will ship approx. 2 weeks after order is placed.

Comments

1. Sarah says

How cool are you?
    I wanted your skirt at Fitbloggin and I didn’t know you were going to sell!!

THIS IS THE CUTEST SKIRT EVER!!! I don’t have a workout skirt and I’ve been thinking about getting one for so long… this might have to be the one!! Congrats girl!

LOVE IT! This is crazy, because my grandma and I (yes, we are BFFE) were just talking about making running skirts. I am so particular about length, fit, etc that I just want to make my own. So glad to see that it can be done. YOU ROCK for donating the proceeds!!!

I love it! How long is the skirt? What’s the inseam length? I’m guessing it’s shorter than I can wear, so when are you coming out with the tanks? ;o)

5. MizFit says

and being who I am I wear the skirt on days I’ve no plans to workout. As a regular skirt :-)

I’m getting a sizing chart too.

Mine is a small.

LOVE everything about this skirt! But what I like the most is that it’s SHORT. Most skirts are too long for this 5′ 1″ gal, but unless you’re a 6′ giant, it looks like it will be perfect for me!

7. MizFit says

WELL IM a misfit living in hotTEXAS so I literally dont wear jeans :-)
    I have a small in skirtsports but it feels … almost too snug for me.
    I think it’s the cut (for the reasons I share in the video above) perhaps? Im not sure a medium would be better.

So Id say small in both. I reached out to the company (she’s in CALIF. so 2 hrs earlier) for a sizing chart in inches etc

LOVE!!! Love that money goes to charity!

Yes, how do they fit sizing wise….. pls do tell..

I would have loved one of them workout tops like I wear to the gym that show the back & arms – like my green/yellow YMX – that racer back look.. but just love the design & words on the skirt!!!

Been coveting these for some time now, so I am on it. My question was about sizing, but I saw you covered it above, so I think I’ll stick to my normal size. LOVE that you are donating the profits!

Yayayay! I’ve been waiting for this! I want one! Q about sizing: do they fit like the traditional Dirty Red skirts? Or is your style a little different?

Patiently waiting for sizing info. Wait. Did I say patiently? I meant impatiently. HURRY UP WOMAN, I HAVE A SHORT ATTENTION SPAN.

12. MizFit says

I KNOW! why are the manufacturer people not awake and working at 7a their time?! :)
    Charlotte it is SAME as dirty red skirts.
    Mine is a small.

How cute & sporty! I love this skirt….great idea. And I like, no LOVE, that you are donating the money you get from these. Rock on!!

14. Mckoul says

I love the design, and would be very interested to see a sports bra, or tank top. Or maybe one of those cute combos that you see everywhere.

this skirt is soooo beautiful and the fact that you are donating all proceeds to the cause is, well, even more beautiful. <333 i just made a few big purchases but once enough time has passed and my budget allows it i'd love one of these apologetically beautiful skirts!

Congrats Miz! How exciting!

I can’t wait to hear your first encounter with someone you don’t know and you see them wearing one of your skirts :D

On behalf of your Canadian followers, will you ship to your Northern friends. Are you using PayPal so we can relatively easily pay you.

• Miz says

I’ve forwarded this to the manufacturer. I do not believe they use PayPal no and I will let you know what I find out about shipping to Canada.

If only I had more hours in the day I would’ve taken on the shipping myself :-)

What is the Mayan Families charity and why did you choose that one to receive your profits? I hope you earn tons as I know you like to help others. Here’s to success all around with the skirts.

• Miz says

I laugh that I go to spam in can’t get myself out when I try to add a link in comments on my iPhone. It is all detailed in a blog post from about two weeks ago titled: Five months later.

OHMYGOSH YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ladies at my gym are workout skirt obsessed! I’m facebooking the crap out of your link – I hope they all buy them =) Obvi I will need to pop my fitness skirt cherry b/c i’ve never worn one! Addorb! You’re my hero!

20. Miz says

more sizing info :-)

SIZING 2-6 small / 6-10 med/ 12-14 large/ 16+ XL. If you are a small frame 0-4 XS

A#1 – you are awesome.
    B#2 – I want one of these post-hasty, but am concerned about inseam length (although why, I don’t know – I am 62″ tall)
    C#3 – When you do sports bras, are you going to make them available in all the sizes that athletic women come in? Can I special request that they go up to at least DDD?
    D#4 – Yes to tank tops.
    and finally –
    E#5 – I love me some skull wear. I have a skull tattoo. My son has skull & crossbones outfits. As soon as I know about inseam (which really, Amy, why is THAT the worry?), I will be ordering.

22. Miz says

From manufacturer:

OUR overseas shipping and payments we “welcome”. There may be a slight increase in shipping costs, we R working on that now.

They’re so nice they’re NOICE.
    Time to start saving my pennies…please say they’ll be around for a while. Kudos to you for donating the profits to such a worthwhile cause. :)

Yay!!! Congrats!!!

So excited that it’s finally here!! So I have to ask because I remember the initial discussions… I’ve checked out the sizing and is there enough material for a mama with a lot of junk in her trunk so my hindparts won’t be exposed??? LOL

Yay finally!! Congrats!!!

So I see the sizing chart and I remember the initial discussions which brings me to my question….. is there enough material for a mama with a lot of junk In her trunk? Lol cant have my hindparts exposed :)

• MizFit says

I think thats why I have a small? some women my size may wear an xs (?!) but I want that full booty coverage :-)

They are beautiful, Carla – well done! I’m going to sneakily get Candace’s measurements so I can get her one, then I’ll wait for V2.0 (the Plus Size option) for myself.

Oooooh how much I want one of these! (Actually, I want several — now that I’m getting back into the swing of things I WILL need smaller than what I can wear now.)

28. cheryl says

wish you would have kept the proceeds in the states-there are plenty of families right in your own back yard who could use help.