(This will BREW while we chat.)
I’m one *still* who loves to hang out on the Twitters.
People criticize the platform and how it’s changed as it’s grown (that’s a post for a different day), but I’ve fallen in love over there more times than I can count.
More than anything, though, I’m smitten with Twitter chats.
Unlike the constant noise and barrage of links—Twitter chats allow us to create a community in which to talk about the stuff which is important to us.
Chats, even though we’re in different places and timezones, remind me of Fitbloggin and the power of our tribe.
When a Twitter chat is run well I leave feeling energized, refreshed and as if I can conquer ANYTHING I set my mind to!
look out world–here I come!
I’m super-excited about leading a twitter chat tomorrow for Eggland’s Best and I relayed this excitement to an online friend.
Her response surprised me.
Cool! Have fun! I’d come but I don’t “get” Twitter chats.
I was sad. I was disappointed. A blog post was born.
Twitter Chat 101: All you need to know about chats you can learn from bullet points.
- Tweetchat is your friend. Twubs is your friend. Go to either, enter hashtag #ebeggs and you’re in! TIP: you can do this any time to follow the #ebeggs conversation not only during the chat.
- Follow my co-host Joyce, me and Eggland’s Best (<—–there will be prizes. when you win you’ll need to message them yer mailing info.)
- Follow along & chime in when you’d like! We will be chatting about refreshing our approach to healthy living now that spring is here. Answer all the questions. Hang back, read and just re-tweet. You choose how much or how little you participate! (and yes. you can win regardless.)
- It’s a H.I.I.T. chat. We’re going to go fast, furious & fun for 60 swift minutes. Join us during breakfast on the west coast! Pop in for a lunch-break if you’re in the central/eastern timezones. We’ve structured a fast paced, fun, *energizing* chat so we all depart afterward ready to wrangle our day.
- —> MARK YER CALENDAR FOR TOMORROW.<— 9 am pacific. Noon eastern.
- Still baffled? No worries. Here’s your Twitter cheat-sheet. You’ve still got plenty of time to get up to speed.
Any lingering questions about Twitter, Twitter chats or how I plan to eat breakfast whilst tweeting?
Please to hit me up in the comments below….