If you live in the USA you may still be feeling the, uh, repercussions of the Great Thanksgiving Stress-Out.
Family, travel, food, schedules thrown off, routine replaced by mayhem.
No matter where you reside or what you celebrate we’re all thisclose to being knee-deep in holiday frenzy.
- I’ve shared my grown-up tips for Fighting Holiday Frazzle.
- I’ve revealed I’m over the Let’s Make This a HEALTHY HOLIDAY!!! musings.
- I’ve bestowed upon you my best ideas for seizing meditation whenever you have a moment.
The thing is these were all generalities.
Vague What *I* do to stave off holiday stress musings in hopes they’d spark personal insights for you.
Today I’m about the concrete.
We’re about the concrete (yes–dragging you in. I rock at asking for help that way.).
About building a long & creative list of specific actions we can take to make these next 3 weeks as smooth as we can.
A list this misfit Jew can steal, print, hang on my fridge & use as a “go to” when at a loss for ways to lighten my holiday load.
A list to make our Holiday Season 2014 frazzle-free and PRESENT so we can cruise into New Years as our best & most healthy selves.
I’ll start us off.
Hanukkah begins in two weeks (!)
And, a result of my being as busy as a COUGAR Hanukkah Harry, I just figured that out last night.
And, as a result of my deciding to love myself where I am right now, I made a decision.
I bestowed upon myself the gift certificate pictured above.
I immediately acknowledged how *crazy* attempting to write/send holiday cards, buy gifts for friends/relatives near & far, decorating the domicile etc. would all make me with a looming move date of 12.20.14.
I immediately acknowledged how many things need to be done this holiday season (packing, organizing child for a new school, packing) *but* none of the list above have to be.
I immediately gave myself the gift(certificate) of time.
It’s not an exaggeration to say, after releasing myself from those obligations, I felt as though I could b-r-e-a-t-h-e again.
I felt so *ENERGIZED* by the sweet, sweet gift of freedom I started us–the royal social media friends US— a list of stuffs we could gift ourselves these next few weeks.
Four treats we could bestow upon ourselves which would make this holiday season feel (if you’re like I am) MORE merry & bright.
(Four ideas which work for me—and I await your #5.)
- Never say YES when your heart & head screams NO.
- If you have a work-vacation don’t use *all* the time for others—dedicate some to self-care.
- (should you be a weigh’er) Bestow upon yourself a break from the scale. Don’t obsess about a HEALTHY HOLIDAY!
- No! More! MUSTurbation. Do what you can when you can. Shed the shoulds & oughts.
- Please to hit us all up with your number five below…