We may fill our FANCY cups with ice water…or GINGER ALE!
I know it’s that time of year.
I know it’s important to lead by example and share our best tips & tricks for navigating the holiday temptations, avoiding the pit falls and saying NO!
The thing is?
In the vein of what would happen if one woman told the truth about her life?
I’m so over it.
I’m sick of the posts and articles and videos and news segments admonishing us to Stay on track this holiday season!!
I’m tired of the Four tips for a Healthy _____ (insert festive occasion of your choosing) blog content and magazine features.
It’s not so much I’m anti-having a healthy holiday (that would be odd–yes?) I just I have a case of healthy-tips fatigue.
I’m a far bigger fan of just living.
I’m an advocate of taking this one day and enjoying.
Heck, even if you seize the entire SEASON to live it up you *still* have ten other months of the year at your disposal.
Here it’s about enjoying:
Merry ThanksAkkah Day!
- I cannot stand the proliferation of tips for getting TANK TOP ARMS! or a BIKINI BODY!
- I believe we can trust ourselves to live mindfully and don’t need the constant barrage of reminders.
- I believe sometimes good-intentioned reminders spark us to feel badly about decisions we’ve made and were initially OK with!
Sure, I think we need community and support to maintain our momentum (in all areas of life!) but I still return to the notion of:
If we worried the rest of the year as much as we do between Thanksgiving and New Years we’d all be uber-healthy!
Latkes: fried not baked!
Here, as with every other thing in my life these days, I do what I can when I can.
Perhaps Ill fit in movement on Thanksgiving (if I can when I can).
Perhaps the day will be jammed with health (if it works if I can).
If not Ill rise the next morning and try again.
With each tweeted blog post I see & magazine article I wonder:
Is this done in the name of passion for helping others or more honestly for traffic to blog or site or mag?
And now you.
- Am wrong in thinking these articles are often done for the (finger quote) wrong (unFQ) reasons?
- Am I forgetting about my notion of begetting and how reminders help us with this?
- Am I a healthy holiday scrooge?!