Once upon a time MizFit went to Blogher.
She was way way fortunate to receive an amazing little card which entitled her to a pair of FREE KURU SHOES!
She was excited. She was elated. She was completely clueless whom this KURU was yet adored the notion of free footwear & trusted the opinion of the woman who’d passed the treat her way.
She perused the KURU website & immediately found herself impressed by the benefits of the footwear:
1. Custom Molding Sockliner – unique foam, topped with moisture wicking fabric, custom molds to your foot
2. PORON® Cushioning – premium PORON® cushioning pods in heel and forefoot absorb and return energy
3. Orthotic HeelKradl™ – thermoplastic Orthotic molded into the Shoe, cups your heel and keeps your fat pad where nature intended, under the heel bone
4. Reinforced Arch Support – ergonomically correct arch support reduces fatigue
5. Performance Foam KuruSole™ – performance EVA midsole with flexible forefoot gives a healthy, flexible barefoot feel
Being the MizFit she was, however, she didnt care about foothealth focused more on the look of the shoes and was immediately smitten with the DRAFT.
The rest, as they say, is Huh, who knew I needed a new pair of shoes for simply AROUND TOWN WALKING comfort! I love these! history.
I wont lie to you: at first I wished the Draft came in more vibrant BRIGHT colors. Then I glanced at my leg and realized that muted was probably for the best.
I knew Id love these if for no other reason than they slip on. I love slip on sporty shoes (RIP my beloved Nike clogs) as Im an impatient-fast-dresser like that. These did NOT disappoint me in that they STAYED ON without requiring socks and were entirely comfy (no rubbing).
And VOILA! Me & my KURU. By way of complete disclosure I have zero feet issues so Im not certain I even gleaned all that the shoes have to offer beyond looking good. By way of more full disclosure I have, in fact, worn them while lifting weights. Right or wrong. Intended usage or not. I loved em.
If you’ve been under-a-rock residing as of late you may not have heard of the amazing blogger known as Prior Fat Girl.
If youve been busyBUSY as of late (SERIOUSLY. Who isn’t life-slammed right now?!) you may have missed the fact she’s collecting recipes & creating an e-cookbook!
Last, but surely not least, DietGirl and I have decided on a name for the podcast!
The name chosen was submitted by a reader/blogger and s/he will be on the next podcast (coming 10.9.09!) to announce it him/herself.
(ooooh the mystery. I know…)
That’s it in my neck of the ‘net.
Questions (about or FOR the podcast? regarding the cookbook?) comments (about the KURUS?) updates (on you!)?
Please to chime in below…